User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great info! Glad I found this. We pick up our 2018 349M in 2 weeks! Can't wait!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep got the 2018 349 and was getting irritated at the fluctuations in temperatures. Thanks for the quick fix !!!!!!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to run the drain tube out one of the vent holes on the lower exterior vent. This allows the condensation to drip outside.
    Bob and Shirley (both recently retired)
    Ontario Canada
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    2018 Ford Diesel King Ranch F350 Short Bed
    Pull Rite Super Glide

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thankful you posted. I had the same problem with door divider not sealing. I had bought some Rare Earth Magnets to "fix" my oven door that did not seal properly (from another thread on this great forum!). What separated the Rare Earth Magnets were heavy gauge plastic washers. I did a fit-check on the hinge pin and the thickness of the plastic washer was the perfect size. I cut away a small section (wedge, which I threw away) of the washer and snapped the remaining washer around the hinge pin as I lifted the left hand door. Perfecto! One fix to the oven allowed me to fix the door divider issues. Works like a charm and ZERO cost!
    Tim and Betsy
    Retired U. S. Marine (Tim)
    Retired Pastor (Tim)
    Active Golfer! (Tim)
    Current Physician Assistant (Betsy)
    2016 Solitude 366DEN
    2018 Chevrolet Crew Cab, DuraMax, 4WD, Dually, Long Box
    B&W Companion Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamGunner View Post
    We started having an issue with our left-side door too. If you lifted up on it, the seal would snap into place. It would also do so on it's own after some minutes.

I went to Lowe's and bought one package of two 5/16' brass washers as you recommended, and the issue is solved. I think we need a subforum for common fixes, and this needs to be included. Enough folks are having this problem that it qualifies.

I used an adjustable wrench to remove the top bolt, the door pivots and lifts up, put the two washers on the lower peg, then put the door back on and secure the top bolt.
    Papa Smurfs fix worked for me! I had this exact issue in my 2019 3730fl Montana.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2019 GD 375RES with the Norcold 2118SS fridge with the same problem where the fridge was not cooling properly. It stayed between 40 and 50 degrees and got to over 50 on a high 80’s day. Thanks to these posts we noticed that the flap was not closing properly due to the Made in USA sticker at the bottom rolled up and causing the middle flap to stick on the bottom. Our doors were even so we tried the DMWestoby suggestion to loosen the hinge on left door, raise up the right side of it and relighted. We also removed the sticker, took the sticky off with Goo Off, sprayed the bottom of fridge with dry lube and the middle flap now closes every time! Thanks to everyone for the posts and suggestions! Now we don’t have to turn in warranty work order to GD/Thetford! This forum is awesome!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That fixed it for me! Thanks!
    Karl

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just FYI... the little drawer in the center at the bottom of mine was moving out (open) enough to hinder the flap sometimes. I took the drawer out, no more problems.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great thread!

I was about to add the 2 washers as proposed but wanted to confirm a few things instead of breaking anything.

If I remove the top bolt on the top hinge of the left door it seems the hinge itself will prevent me from sliding up. Is this because you can/should tilt the door toward you and then lift up once your clear of the top hinge? Or should I remove the top hinge completely and then slide the door up?

Sorry if this is self evident, I’m not a super experienced DIY guy so I tend to lean on the safer side of things.

Thank you!
    Math

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And here we are 6 years after the first post and still having the USA sticker & door shimming problem. I had to fix mine today.

I guess Norcold & Grand Design doesn't read this forum.
    signature

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast