Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kan_Leak Access

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kan_Leak Access

My version of the Kan_Leak access panel . . .

I went with a plexiglas side slider window mounted inside the wall so it can be opened without disturbing much else in the storage area. Also, a finger hole rather than a knob that would catch on stuff. I also wired in a light.

I installed moisture sensors which (I have learned) will trigger with about a teaspoon of water. The problem was that without this access window, I had to unload the storage area and pull the wall to find out if it was a teaspoon . . . or 10 gallons.

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC02417.jpg  
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As usual, Rob, excellent work. Of course, you have to be in Ontario, CAN and not Ontario, CA.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice Rob.

I also added a battery kill switch to my water sensor cuz if/when it goes off it is an ugly/loud sound that will make it hard to think as you are trying to access it to make it stop.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob--awesome as always ! What does the slider area look like ? I have been "fixn to be thinkn about doin somun" (as my nephew from the deep southeast part of our country would say) with this area and I like this a lot !

When we get back from the Custer State Park Buffaflo roundup in a week 1/2 (if not snowing) will have to tackle this.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water Alarms

Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    I also added a battery kill switch to my water sensor cuz if/when it goes off it is an ugly/loud sound that will make it hard to think as you are trying to access it to make it stop.
    Hi Jim,

I did the same thing, with a way to shut off the alarm while I solve the problem.
    I found these alarms with remote sensor cables that I can snake in around the Kan_Leak panel and also into the underbelly.
    Unplugging the sensor cable shuts off the alarm.
    These sensors run on 9V batteries, but I wired them in (through 12 -> 9 power step downs) so that they will power on/off with the trailer battery disconnect. No point in having them go off in the storage lot . . . if I am not around to solve the problem.

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0755.jpg   IMG_0618.jpg  
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    Rob--awesome as always ! What does the slider area look like ? I have been "fixn to be thinkn about doin somun" (as my nephew from the deep southeast part of our country would say) with this area and I like this a lot !

When we get back from the Custer State Park Buffaflo roundup in a week 1/2 (if not snowing) will have to tackle this.

Dan
    Hi Dan,

I unwrapped the black felt cover from the board (actually was quite easy) and cut the opening. Then I put the covering material back on with new contact cement and folded it back through the new window. The plexiglas is slightly bigger than the opening, in both directions. I made two wooden run channels (twice the width of the window opening) by cutting a groove sllghtly wider than the plexiglas and about 3/8" deep. These are screwed to the back of the wall board and the plexi window slides in these between open and closed end stops. Do a few "trial fits" along the way to make sure the rails do not interfere with anything. I had to raise the lower edge of the opening to keep the lower run channel from interfering with the raised platform that the pump, etc. sits on.

There are probably lots of ways and lots of materials to accomplish this same thing. I used what I had laying about in the shop.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    My version of the Kan_Leak access panel . . .

I went with a plexiglas side slider window mounted inside the wall so it can be opened without disturbing much else in the storage area. Also, a finger hole rather than a knob that would catch on stuff. I also wired in a light.

I installed moisture sensors which (I have learned) will trigger with about a teaspoon of water. The problem was that without this access window, I had to unload the storage area and pull the wall to find out if it was a teaspoon . . . or 10 gallons.

Rob
    Excellent idea!!
    Jeff & Lee

Bodie, and Orion, Yellow, and Chocolate Labs
    Nyx, Dachshund
    2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Duramax SRW 4WD
    2016 Momentum 348M #1966

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dang you Rob! I thought I'd have my "honey-do" list completed three weeks after retirement. I've been retired for almost two years now, and the list longer than ever...

I know somebody else put the Plexiglas up too, but didn't have the slider. Great idea.

Jim

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much Rob! I have had to remove angled wall twice to try and find leaking water: as it turns out, the leak was the black tank wash hose connection (behind the wall)! A simple fix of just tightening, but the picture window is the way to go!!

2011 Silverado 3500 HD SRW/ LB : Airsafe 20K Hitch/ 2015 Solitude 369 RL

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob,
    I can't seem to be able to open up your pics to view your mods. I'm getting a pop up that says...
    sluggo68, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast