User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcolour View Post
    40" fence on the perimeter and 24" along the RV. With the foam balls and connected to the 40" fence, the 24" is on asphalt and the stakes are just resting on the asphalt. Works well.

Attachment 49707

Everything packs away nicely with velcro and bags for poles.

Attachment 49709

Where did you get that. I’m liking it and wanting to purchase. A link would be great.
    Thanks

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj2800 View Post
    Where did you get that. I’m liking it and wanting to purchase. A link would be great.
    Thanks
    The brand is FXW off of Amazon:

https://a.co/d/9BoVrRo

https://a.co/d/cgCGjvq

https://a.co/d/9ywuG79

https://a.co/d/2KHN2Vl

https://a.co/d/099RXV6

https://a.co/d/ajvHmqj
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use a very heavy plastic mesh we found on Amazon called Tenax poultry fence. This is really strong, not something that can easily be chewed thru. We anchor underneath with strong magnet hooks, (from Amazon) only to unpainted surfaces. They are so strong we struggle to get them off, I know our dogs can’t pull them off. We attach it at the sides to our metal fence with zip ties. We wrap it under our stairs but you could go the whole length. You can cutout to match your unit as needed where the frame dips down. Of course you do have to crawl under the slide to get it secured. It's 4 ft tall so it folds onto the ground. In some places we can tuck it under our outdoor mat. At the corners where it folds we sit something heavy on it, a cooler or a storage tote. It lays flat but we add weight at various spots so there is not a spot to slide underneath it. This lets our 2 schnauzers move around freely, they can go under the slide for shade, we put a bed under there, they like it and it gives us all more room. We don’t leave our dogs outside unattended for any length of time. This has worked for us for years.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you. I will be purchasing them.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kimefam View Post
    We use a very heavy plastic mesh we found on Amazon called Tenax poultry fence. This is really strong, not something that can easily be chewed thru. We anchor underneath with strong magnet hooks, (from Amazon) only to unpainted surfaces. They are so strong we struggle to get them off, I know our dogs can’t pull them off. We attach it at the sides to our metal fence with zip ties. We wrap it under our stairs but you could go the whole length. You can cutout to match your unit as needed where the frame dips down. Of course you do have to crawl under the slide to get it secured. It's 4 ft tall so it folds onto the ground. In some places we can tuck it under our outdoor mat. At the corners where it folds we sit something heavy on it, a cooler or a storage tote. It lays flat but we add weight at various spots so there is not a spot to slide underneath it. This lets our 2 schnauzers move around freely, they can go under the slide for shade, we put a bed under there, they like it and it gives us all more room. We don’t leave our dogs outside unattended for any length of time. This has worked for us for years.
    Thank you, this is what I had in mind for along the trailer
    2021 Reflection 150 Series 295RL
    2018 GMC Sierra SLE 2500HD Crew Cab Standard Bed Duramax
    B&W Companion Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saguido View Post
    I'm looking for an inexpensive, lightweight, and easy to store solution to prevent the dog from escaping the campsite by going under the RV. I have Yaheetech fencing but I would rather not run it along the RV.
    Amazon has a number of inexpensive and expensive pet fences. We bought 24 inch panels for along the trailer so we could still open the compartments, basement doors on our 5th wheel and then 32 inch panels that come out from there to make for a higher fence.
    Jeri, Honey & Char
    2019 GD Momentum 376th
    2022 Ford F350 Crewcab 4WD SRW Diesel Longbed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found something like this on Amazon but the weight isn't noted. Approximately how heavy is the 40" set?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The plastic Tenax poultry fence is lightweight but sturdy, we cut off the length needed. Probably weighs a couple of pounds.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Find Your Peace View Post
    I found something like this on Amazon but the weight isn't noted. Approximately how heavy is the 40" set?
    Each panel is pretty light. The panel with the gate is heavier. The 8 panels together weigh probably 20 lbs. or so, plus the weight of the poles, which is another 10 to 15.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ended up using a roll of 2’x15’ of 1” square wire fencing I bought at the hardware storel. This worked perfect. Rolls up small, light, and hard to see it under the trailer. I ty-wrapped it to the dog fence, put it in front of the wheels, and attached it with Ty-wraps at the other end of the dog fence. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5002.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	49932. In the attached photo you may not be able to see the wire
    2021 Reflection 150 Series 295RL
    2018 GMC Sierra SLE 2500HD Crew Cab Standard Bed Duramax
    B&W Companion Hitch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12