User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Really on the fence. I am full time and I am getting tired of tweaking and fixing or making better." When we were researching many years ago we were given a great piece of advice that I've shared with others. Look at a 10-year-old model of what you are considering and see how well it stands up. That ought to tell you quite a bit.

The person who gave us that advice bought a "popular brand" of motorhome, brand new, to begin his full-time journey. Within a year he traded that motorhome even-up for a 10-year-old Foretravel because the Foretravel had MUCH better quality than his brand-new popular coach. Yes, Foretravels are a high-end coach, and what he bought was much farther down the line, but quality costs money and weight.

Our trailers are far from the top of the line, so we shouldn't expect perfection, but I think we can expect that, if the plans call for five lag screws, then there ought to be five of the right lag screws installed and in the right places.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ kb0zke Yes, totally agree with everything you said. I’m not disappointed in my campers material quality. It’s the oversight of it being built. It was slammed together.
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL
    2017 Ford F-250 6.2L

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would, and literally just did last month.
    2024 Solitude 376RD...was: 2018 Momentum 349M
    2020 RAM 3500 Cummins HO/4:10/DRW...was: 2016 GMC Denali HD Duramax/Allison
    B&W Companion 25K...was: Reese Goosebox 20K...was: B&W Companion Slider 20K

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lorend View Post
    Wow. Looks like you would have to add almost 800lbs to the factory pin weight to get to 20%. That is almost unheard off. Most people are trying to keep their pin weight down. What type of hitch are you using with it?
    B&W Companion. I don’t think that it would matter what hitch we used. The listed pin weight is 1,166 lbs with a UVW of 7876 and GVWR of 9,995lbs. As with most people most of the weight added is in the living area and kitchen which being behind the axle certainly doesn’t help add to the pin weight. I agree that the vast majority of campers are trying to keep their pin weight down.
    2022 GMC Sierra Crew Cab SLT 2500 Standard Bed Duramax SRW
    2023 Grand Design Reflection 150 270BN

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfever View Post
    Yes, and we did. Had a GD 5vr, 2017 307MKS. Had an A/C go out in 2021. My camping buddy and I changed it out. That the ONLY thing that failed. Pulled it all over the place. We sold it and bought a GD TT this year only because we have never had a TT and wanted to try it out. Also since we are both in our 70’s, wanted something lower to ground.
    We are considering going the other way - Move up to say the 270BL, with a new F250. About 7 extra feet of living space. What size TT did you get? (You have not updated your signature). Are you happy with the switch?
    Bob & Francie - Oceanside CA
    2018 F150 Platinum, SuperCrew 4x4 3.5L V6 EB, 145”WB, Max trailer tow pkg
    Our RV: Imagine 2022 XLS 22MLE - Purchased 2/22/2022.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I would buy another GD - They are the best of the lot for the price. I do have a few complaints. We boondock a lot, and with everyone switching to electric fridge, it becomes a problem. The solar power system and batteries that come along just doesn't cut it. You need at least 400w of panel and they need to change from led acid batteries to LifePo4 batteries - 400amps to make it work - this should be standard on all rv's. Also not a fan of the tankless heater - you will be wasting a lot of water. But overall, been very happy with my Imagine XLS 19RLE. However my wife might want a bigger trailer -
    Cheers

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567