User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cooper AT3 LTX

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deeuubee View Post
    The tires I'm taking about are Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT.
    I was just too lazy to type it all out.
    I just had the tires rotated. I guess my calibrated eye is off The tech says I have 7/32 tread left. It's a little bit less than half. He said if I drive the same way, I should get another 15-20k before the wear marks. So, I guess mileage wise, better than I expected. Although I don't think I would wait till they're that low.
    @Spartacus - is Discovery a mis-spell or different brand of tire?
    My guess is that he meant "Discoverer"........not Discovery.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deeuubee View Post
    The tires I'm taking about are Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT.
    I was just too lazy to type it all out.
    I just had the tires rotated. I guess my calibrated eye is off The tech says I have 7/32 tread left. It's a little bit less than half. He said if I drive the same way, I should get another 15-20k before the wear marks. So, I guess mileage wise, better than I expected. Although I don't think I would wait till they're that low.
    @Spartacus - is Discovery a mis-spell or different brand of tire?
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    My guess is that he meant "Discoverer"........not Discovery.

Lol, yeah I figure that you was talking about those after I posted the reply but yeah I'm waiting for my tires to wear out and then I will be getting these for my dually or if I really had the money discount tire will prorate and give me $50 to $75 dollars for the ones I have now.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by txloser View Post
    My truck came with Goodyear Trailrunners. They’re not quite at the bars, but pretty worn. Also, they’ve always been a bit squirmy towing even at 80psi towing my previous and current FW. Load rating is 126 and I’m considering same size/load rating Cooper AT3 LTX. I know Michelin is the go to for many, but past couple trucks had the Michelin AT’s and I hated the ride. When towing or empty regardless of pressure, I had to brace for impact before any anomaly on the road. For those towing with these Coopers, how do you like them from a stability stand point and ride comfort. I run 60/80 towing and 60/65 empty. The Goodyear’s ride is fantastic, but maybe that’s just the trade off since they lack stability. This is on a 22’ Chevy Dmax SRW. know this is subjective, but curious to hear some opinions. I’ve scoured the web and just looking for some more specific towing related examples vs someone who has these on a Tacoma, Jeep, etc.
    My truck had Michelins on it from the factory. After 6000 miles and not being able to get to my buddy's camp one time (mud), I switched to the Cooper's. After 5 years they are still going strong. They seem to ride and tow about the same
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed the Cooper AT3 XLT in October after the stock Michelin’s were getting too worn for my liking. The Cooper tire is rated for heavy towing. I am very happy with the quiet ride. These perform nicely in the rain. We didn’t have much snow this year to offer an opinion on wintery travel, but by the looks of the tread design and siping, I expect great results. Happy travels!
    Steve and Amy
    Arlington, WA
    2017 Ford F-350 Powerstroke
    2019 Grand Design 315RLTS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12