User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using LP Quick Connect

We have a 2024 Grand Design Imagine with a LP Quick Connect.
    We want to use the LP QC with our Webber Q grill.
    Is there a way to do this without removing the regulator on the grill?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljavaejb View Post
    We have a 2024 Grand Design Imagine with a LP Quick Connect.
    We want to use the LP QC with our Webber Q grill.
    Is there a way to do this without removing the regulator on the grill?
    In a word, no. Double regulation on a grill will not produce a hot enough flame to cook. Answering from experience. That’s why RV grills do not come with a regulator and are labeled as “low pressure.”

Look on line to see if there is an adapter for your grill to connect the gas supply line directly with no regulator.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can get a hose that will work at your local RV or camping store, or if you have a propane supplier in your area lots of them have their own shop that can make up various hoses for you.
    2020 303RLS
    2018 Dodge 2500 Cummins
    BW Companion
    Retired and loving it.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Purchase one of these from Amazon and simply unscrew the reg from the grills original line and screw onto the new.

DOZYANT 12 Feet 1/4" Quick Connect RV Propane Hose Converter Replacement for 1 lb Throwaway Bottle Connects 1 LB Bulk Portable Appliance to RV 1/4" Female Quick Disconnect
    Mike & Lynn
    2006 LBZ Duramax 2500
    2024 Imagine 2600RB
    4500i Cummins Gen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all for the feedback. Very very useful. Much appreciated.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While poking around underneath the trailer I saw our LP port for the first time. It has what appears to be a ball valve (handle turns 90*) and it was in what I would assume to be the open position (handle parallel to the pipe. I didn't smell gas nor did I feel anything, so there must be something that stops the gas when nothing is plugged in. I turned the handle to what I think is the closed position (perpendicular to the pipe).

I won't say there is no chance we'll ever use it, but we've had the trailer for over a year and never even thought about it. I'm not going to remove it, as the next owner may well want it, but it is just a few pounds of extra weight for us. Is there anything else I can do to make sure that this isn't a gas leak? Leaking propane is expensive enough, but if something blows up it gets REALLY expensive!
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The quick disconnect for the gas has a internal pop it valve in addition to the ball valve. If I remember right, my ball valve is mounted next to the collar of the disconnect and it operates as a lock out so the ball valve must be in the off position to connect.
    2023 23LDE
    2023 GMC Sierra 1500 Ultimate Denali

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You do need a hose or connector that fits your specific grill so you can connect it without the regulator. I found a 12' hose that has the connector for our grill and it is much easier to install than the regulator fitting was. Glad I purchased one that has all the right fittings already done so I didn't have to mess with it. Check here to see if there is one for your grill, then buy it, or at least see what fittings you might need if you choose to get your own.
    https://torjik.com/
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)