User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GD has stated that all 10 lag bolts (5 on each side) should be present. My friend's 2022 Solitude has 3 on a side and two empty holes on each side. I checked my Reflection and there are only 2 lags on each side and 3 empty holes. The TSB does not cover Reflections. Looks like I have another small project when I get back home. My lag bolts are not loose and there is no signs of abnormal structural movement. That's encouraging.

"All about RVs" has a new YT video out about this also. Jarred did a great job covering this on his Reflection.
    Dan and Deb
    2021 337RLS
    2020 Lariat Super Duty 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab Max Tow, Air Lift 5000

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVing in Michigan View Post
    GD has stated that all 10 lag bolts (5 on each side) should be present. My friend's 2022 Solitude has 3 on a side and two empty holes on each side. I checked my Reflection and there are only 2 lags on each side and 3 empty holes. The TSB does not cover Reflections. Looks like I have another small project when I get back home. My lag bolts are not loose and there is no signs of abnormal structural movement. That's encouraging.

"All about RVs" has a new YT video out about this also. Jarred did a great job covering this on his Reflection.
    How would I check my Solitude to confirm?

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post

Rob
    That will vary by what floorplan you have. On my Reflection and on my friend's Solitude, we have a dresser along the wall and if you remove the bottom drawers you can see the frame and the anchor points. The other side is under the bed and required some disassembly of trim. This may not be something you care to do but seeing the missing bolts on the curb side will verify needed attention.
    Dan and Deb
    2021 337RLS
    2020 Lariat Super Duty 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab Max Tow, Air Lift 5000

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That will vary by what floorplan you have. On my Reflection and on my friend's Solitude, we have a dresser along the wall and if you remove the bottom drawers you can see the frame and the anchor points. The other side is under the bed and required some disassembly of trim. This may not be something you care to do but seeing the missing bolts on the curb side will verify needed attention.
    anyone know where to look on the momentum’s?
    2023 Momentum 397TH w/Gen3 Goosebox
    2020 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 F-450 Limited PowerStroke

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. This seems like the same for me then. I have the dresser along the curb side wall and the bed slideout on the other side which would be harder to do. At least I could check and either realize I have the prblem too or maybe noy.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msutoad View Post
    anyone know where to look on the momentum’s?
    I would look at the posts that @ajg617 has written. Although he doesn't have a Momentum, what he has found is probably the same or similar.

I was working on my Momentum yesterday (installed a Morryde x-factor), and could not find any indication of a problem so far.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCJUNTUNEN View Post
    I would love to use the gen-y, has anyone actually received approval for it?
    I was also strongly considering the Gen-Y before finding out it is not “approved”. After some more research, I came across the Curt Flex Air pinbox. It is a Lippert product (owns Curt) and i think it might be even more effective than the Gen-Y at absorbing vertical shock. It is more expensive and a bit heavier, but those are small potatoes in the grand design of RV ownership (see what I did there). If you haven’t looked at it yet, take a look at the Lippert website. It is cheaper on etrailer and even cheaper on Amazon.
    2021 Solitude 380FL-R
    Ram 3500 MegaCab SB DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post

Rob
    As mentioned, one side is accessed under the dresser and the other side is under the bed. I started with the dresser side since it was easier, The dresser can be removed with about 20 screws, then there was a carpeted box that covered the frame member that is lagged to the RV wall. After removing the box, this is what I found. Four lag bolts and 5 possible bolt locations. the forward most hole had never been used.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Missing Bolt.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	50376

I theorized that the same bolt may be missing from the other side under the bed. However to remove the box around the frame there it looked like the entire bed would have to be removed Ugh, not doing that. So I estimated where the bolt hole should be and cut back the carpet and used an oscillating saw to cut an access hole to see. To my surprise there was a bolt there. I was able to snake an inspection camera into the hole to see if there were other bolts there. I was able to confirm that there were two more until I was unable to control the camera well enough to go further. I plan to cut another access hole where there should be one on the other end and see. I am theorizing that since the beam under the bed is along a cutout, GD may have put them all in on that side. Knock on wood, I don't seem to have any flexing issues that I can tell, but I do plan to at least out in any missing bolts.

From what GD told me the vertical ones above the filon are the critical ones.

Name:	Access Hole 2.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	50377

Name:	Access Hole.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	50378

Brian
    Brian and Lisa - Longmont, CO
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    2022 F350 Lariat DRW Powerstroke
    Firestone airbags - WirelessOne Airlift
    B&W Companion 20K
    Tireminder TPMS

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brandtb1919 View Post
    As mentioned, one side is accessed under the dresser and the other side is under the bed. I started with the dresser side since it was easier, The dresser can be removed with about 20 screws, then there was a carpeted box that covered the frame member that is lagged to the RV wall. After removing the box, this is what I found. Four lag bolts and 5 possible bolt locations. the forward most hole had never been used.

Name:	Missing Bolt.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	50376

I theorized that the same bolt may be missing from the other side under the bed. However to remove the box around the frame there it looked like the entire bed would have to be removed Ugh, not doing that. So I estimated where the bolt hole should be and cut back the carpet and used an oscillating saw to cut an access hole to see. To my surprise there was a bolt there. I was able to snake an inspection camera into the hole to see if there were other bolts there. I was able to confirm that there were two more until I was unable to control the camera well enough to go further. I plan to cut another access hole where there should be one on the other end and see. I am theorizing that since the beam under the bed is along a cutout, GD may have put them all in on that side. Knock on wood, I don't seem to have any flexing issues that I can tell, but I do plan to at least out in any missing bolts.

Name:	Access Hole 2.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	50377

Name:	Access Hole.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	50378

Brian
    Thanks Brian,

Once the weather is a bit warmer here that I can bring the trailer home I am going to have to check.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brandtb1919 View Post

Brian
    Was able to pull the lower drawers out on the dresser and the bolts were visible there. Don't know about where the vertical ones you reference are but I suspect that is a problem on the off-door side for me which is where I am seeing issues. @Wileykid @Calbar Dropping mine off at factory tomorrow for flex, suspension, hydraulics, electrical and more.

The TSB is pretty clear on what they have to inspect and remedy. I think my larger issue will be the suspension as I know there are 'new' parts that have already failed - could hear the results on the trip out.
    Last edited by ajg617; 04-21-2024 at 06:05 PM.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast