User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
    The main reason for wanting more battery power is in case we need power and power is not available. I normally stay at campgrounds with at least 30 amp power, but I have lost power at campgrounds before. When this happened before I had a motorhome so I was able to use it's generator. My wife shocked me a few days ago when she said she may be OK for a few days of boondocking. But I don't see that happening.

My pass through compartment if pretty full with the chairs, wheel chocks, levelers, sewer hose supports, water hoses, electrical cord, etc. I was hoping to get something up on the tongue to put some of the smaller items in.
    If you have the time, you could make a custom wood box for the A frame area. Paint it black and put the door on the side. The bottom could be attached under the frame so you have the depth between the frame. Make the bottom extend past the frame a bit on each side then contour the sides to fit the space. If you do, I would use marine plywood. Just an idea.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did you attach the wood to the bottom of the "A" frame?
    Raymond, Dee Dee and Sophie (Yorkie)
    2023 Chevrolet 2500HD LT 4X4
    2024 Grand Design Reflection 296RDST

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did you attach the wood to the bottom of the "A" frame?
    I didn't. I installed the metal box on top of the frame. But yours wouldn't accommodate a box there from what I could tell from the pictures I found online of your model. If your batteries would still be in the metal frame (bearing the weight of the batteries), you could bolt the floor of the box to the underside of the frame, then attach the sides to the floor using aluminum angle from a big box store. You'd have to figure out what you want in the end and design something to make it work.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two threads by OP on same topic merged - double posting not permitted.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an industrial grade 35" Rubbermaid tool chest that I want to use as a lockable box for my battery plus a few tools in it. It will be mounted on the tongue. It is big enough for adding more batteries also if I choose to do so.

My electrical question is how do I track down the battery cables into my compartment in case they are not long enough?
    The best source for battery cables I've found and use is batterycablesusa.com quality cables and made to what you want.
    H. J. and Mary Michael 2020 Momentum 397 THR, 8K axles, 17.5 Coopers, 300w solar, upgraded 2800/100 inverter/charger, LiPo4 battery's Lion Energy U1300 Ceramic Coated, Pepwave router. 2019 F450 Lariat Air Bags 90 gals aux Fuel, Ceramic Coated. Full Time RV Liven the retired life. It's 5 O' Clock Somewhere

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasted my time thinking about doing this. There is no room between my propane tanks and the trailer. I could add another battery or two, but that is all. I do need to find some way to lock my current battery box.
    You might give consideration to weight distribution before adding weight to the front of your trailer. The attached link discusses my findings.

https://www.crossroadsowners.com/for...ule-14866.html

Dustin
    Dustin and Doris

2018 2600RB
    2016 Tundra: 5.7L with towing package.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123