User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    No problem, perhaps it is different for Aim trailers, but I can't imagine (ha!) and RV using 1" walls these days.
    Actually they do. GD Imagine Aim and XLS only have 1" of foam in the walls. So does the 150 and 100 series 5th wheels. If you look at the door trim on the inside you can see that the trim is tapered down to meet the wall. Walls are 1.5" overall. 1/4" on the outside and inside with 1" of foam in between. It's actually pretty common in lower end trailers.
    It

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevarino View Post
    My 2021 Imagine 2500rl has a sticker on the outside of the entrance door that says " Artic Insulation, Four seasons protection." What does this mean exactly? Was this an option when new?
    It means it will do well around the town of Arctic...... Alabama. LOL

Really it's just a marketing sticker. My 2021 Reflection is no better insulated than my 2005 Titanium.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought it but havent picked it up yet as it is still cold hear in very northern MN. 2020 reflections 273mk 5ver.
    Said to have r40 in the roof/sealing, r30 in floor, and r9 in the walls. That said, true or not, it will still be wayyyyy, better than the 2017 forest river grey wolf 26bh it is replacing i had for 8 years and lived in full time. AND, yep that thing went downhill fast not the best built.
    I spent the winter in it before retiring to test the lifestyle. The Bath PA, area so not even as close as very norther MN where i am and grew up, but still cold. There were 10 spots for winter, i had one. Each spot had a 100 gallon propane tank dropped off to fill and use. I never had a frozen anything. Skirted, waist/sewer were pvc piped, water hose heat tapped, wrapped with tinfoil then pipe insulation, never needed to let water run/drip, never froze. No need to get into all the ins and outs of fulltime set up, wintering, it would get to lengthy. Also, electric was not metered, so being caught with your hot water on electric, or an electric heater was an instant,,, your out.

That said, i only one time had anything on that thing freeze. That was when i was wintering in Texas a few years ago when things froze up, and lost power. The campground wouldnt allow skirting, and with the cold and high winds, my water froze right where it leaves the tank to come to the pump. Having no electric and no campground water, i was dry camping with generator to keep batteries toped off. If i was allowed to skirt, water wouldnt have frozen.

So,, i am looking forward to fulltiming in the new/used 273mk 5ver. Just having a way better underside covered let alone a heated basement, and on this unit, heated tanks, enclosed docking station. Will be a big improvement of the TT, for cold snaps.
    The plan is/was to not get stuck in very cold in the winter, but it happens, not for long periods, but still happens.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12