Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What changed for the new GD Reflection?

Recently picked up our new 2024 Reflection 150 260RD. Thru a trial of hard knocks leaned some things that were new and not explained to us upon delivery.

- If you decide to use the Kurt Turning Point pin box as a pivot, you will need to raise the emergency break activator. I used the same hole with a longer screw and a spacer (one of those you get with TV wall mounts). See attached pics.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fastway1.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	50138Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fastway2.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	112.3 KB 
ID:	50141Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fastway3.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	50142

- GD did away with external mounted speakers. We noticed this on our new rig after getting home. It took the dealership nearly a day to figure out from GD they did away with this based on customers complaining on the quality of the speakers (evident by this Forum) and just substituting with a portable Bluetooth. Two less hard wall penetrations!

- Your TV will not play thru the Jensen stereo. You can read several Forum entries of how people performed a work-around to make this work.

- If your unit comes with TireLinc installed from the factory and ready, the sensors are not valve caps! They are located inside the tire. I tried for hours to link to my Compass and could not. Looked at the green valve caps and sent a picture to my dealership. They informed me those were not the sensors. Then again after a day, they got back and informed me the sensors are internal to the tire (like autos).....Hmmm, don't know how this will be convenient if a sensor battery goes dead.

As we continue to use and come across anything else, we'll post to this thread.
    U.S. Navy Retired
    2018 GMC 3500 Duramax Denali, 6.5 Bed w/puck system
    2024 Reflection 260RD, Curt Turning Point
    B&W Companion OEM RVK3700, Wedge SWW06

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dealers are notorious for leaving out details that are important. It's not unusual to learn by doing..sometimes right sometimes not. I'm kind of glad they did away with the external speakers. More often than not people don't know they are on or how to turn them off...we all want to hear what they are watching, right
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we got our 23 311 BHS the dealer didn't know about the internal sensors either. I had to read the documentation and show them. Nonetheless I wasn't impressed by them.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi! We took delivery of a 2024 362TBS just recently, and I too can’t get the TireLinc to pair or find sensors. How did you solve the problem?
    Thanks,
    Papaz8

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papaz8 View Post
    Hi! We took delivery of a 2024 362TBS just recently, and I too can’t get the TireLinc to pair or find sensors. How did you solve the problem?
    Thanks,
    Papaz8
    Re-read the directions. The sensors are already installed inside the wheel. They are generally on the opposite side of the valve stem.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m going to have to get with the dealer. I don’t think I have all the accessories to make this thing work. Is the Linc that comes standard a complete set up or do I have to buy parts to make it talk to each other? All I can find is the repeater that’s pre wired in the storage bay.
    Thx

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the sensors are a band internal to the tire (not stem caps!). You need to have the monitor in hand (might need charging) that comes with the kit. Walk around to each tire and hold against sidewall 180 degrees from valve stem, it will let you know once it links up. Then go to the Compass Connect app to set up monitoring. Good luck!
    U.S. Navy Retired

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papaz8 View Post
    I’m going to have to get with the dealer. I don’t think I have all the accessories to make this thing work. Is the Linc that comes standard a complete set up or do I have to buy parts to make it talk to each other? All I can find is the repeater that’s pre wired in the storage bay.
    Thx
    Assuming you went through all the drawers in the trailer, check the black bag with all your manuals. Sometimes the monitor and instructions are in the black bag.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have this sticker (attached photo) on your RV, you should be equipped with the system which includes the TireLinc monitor (other photo). My previous GD was just TireLinc ready which had the prewired repeater base but required you to buy the actual repeater, (that snapped to the base), valve stem sensors, and monitor. (about a $500 investment).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3338.jpg   IMG_3340.jpg  
    U.S. Navy Retired

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just had to repair my TireLinc sensors after working for months. Once I found the scan button on the bottom of the monitor scanning the tires were an easy task. If I drop the tire pressure readings again I may install my standalone TPMS after this trip.
    Raymond, Dee Dee and Sophie (Yorkie)
    2023 Chevrolet 2500HD LT 4X4
    2024 Grand Design Reflection 296RDST

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast