User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    In the 60s they were using LT tires, as the STs had not been created yet
    Correct. And I remember having a lot of problems with trailers developing flat spots with some of those LT tires.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    Correct. And I remember having a lot of problems with trailers developing flat spots with some of those LT tires.
    I imagine LT tires have come a long long way since the 60's. Weren't they bias ply back then? Wasn't till the mid 70's that radials became the norm.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    I imagine LT tires have come a long long way since the 60's. Weren't they bias ply back then? Wasn't till the mid 70's that radials became the norm.
    Not sure what this has to do with wheel bearing's
    2019 super duty 6.7
    2021 solitude 2930rl
    1236 ah of Sok lithium 1200 watts of solar.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conner58 View Post
    Just a little thread drift.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conner58 View Post
    ankle bone connected to the knee bone connected to the hip bone...lol
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    Flat spots were common with all tires back in the bias ply days.Especially in cold temps. Just had to drive slow till they limbered up.
    A lot of that was the materials they used back then.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found out it is a good idea to repack the bearing the hard way even with the grease zerk. Proof is in the results of why repack is sometimes better. Working on the passenger side, I change the suspension to CRE3000. Now repacking of the bearings is done on front passenger hub and I had no issues, was faster, and easier than I thought it would be. Next passenger rear, going even fast now, in a grove, and going just as easy until -

Looking at the brake actuating arm, the hole is missing half the press bushing, gone, not there, no piece of it anywhere either. Brake pad moves like me all jerky and not fully engaged. The broken edge looks dirty, how long was it that way?? Since new?? Now I am waiting for the new arm from ETrailer.

Good thing I decided to repack and not just use the easy way with EZLube.

What if I had a shop do it. Would they have noticed or even used the EZlube and said it’s repacked, what would I think; ‘Yeah right I send it in and now they are saying bad brakes’ would I trust them or think rip off. My wife thinks I want some fancy must have new tool because I say there is a bad brake and just stalling.. maybe I would think the shop is ripping me off like she is with me.
    Jess

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandadcast View Post
    I found out it is a good idea to repack the bearing the hard way even with the grease zerk. Proof is in the results of why repack is sometimes better. Working on the passenger side, I change the suspension to CRE3000. Now repacking of the bearings is done on front passenger hub and I had no issues, was faster, and easier than I thought it would be. Next passenger rear, going even fast now, in a grove, and going just as easy until -

Looking at the brake actuating arm, the hole is missing half the press bushing, gone, not there, no piece of it anywhere either. Brake pad moves like me all jerky and not fully engaged. The broken edge looks dirty, how long was it that way?? Since new?? Now I am waiting for the new arm from ETrailer.

Good thing I decided to repack and not just use the easy way with EZLube.

What if I had a shop do it. Would they have noticed or even used the EZlube and said it’s repacked, what would I think; ‘Yeah right I send it in and now they are saying bad brakes’ would I trust them or think rip off. My wife thinks I want some fancy must have new tool because I say there is a bad brake and just stalling.. maybe I would think the shop is ripping me off like she is with me.
    Jess
    On 4/12 I received the actuating arm from etrailer, my first purchase from them. The part definitely was used with brake dust on the part. It looks in good condition but definitely not matching the image on the website which is silver in color vs black with added brake dust and a few marks. I am however out of time so another week to get another arm is not possible. Is this normal from etrailer?

Jess
    Dark sky of the Texas Hill Country
    2022 2600RB
    Renogy; 1050 Watts Solar, 3000 Watt Inverter, Rover 100 Amp MPPT and DCC50S
    2022 F250 Lariat Godzilla 7.3L

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandadcast View Post
    On 4/12 I received the actuating arm from etrailer, my first purchase from them. The part definitely was used with brake dust on the part. It looks in good condition but definitely not matching the image on the website which is silver in color vs black with added brake dust and a few marks. I am however out of time so another week to get another arm is not possible. Is this normal from etrailer?

Jess
    Have you contacted Etrailer with your concerns? If nothing else, for your own peace of mind about why the condition was as it was. I've never heard of anyone complaining of Etrailer selling below standard/used parts.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Have you contacted Etrailer with your concerns? If nothing else, for your own peace of mind about why the condition was as it was. I've never heard of anyone complaining of Etrailer selling below standard/used parts.

Yes I have this morning. It’s not physically damaged and I am going to use the part. But brake dust should not be included in a new part. I figure maybe they pulled it from a new drum. If so then the brake drum must of been tested at one time because brake dust was present. Again I am going to use the part, it definitely not worth the hassle of sending it back and I cannot wait another week while my trailers on jacks.
    Jess

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast