User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which plugs work off batteries only?

I have a 2021 Solitude 390RK-R and want to know if someone knows which plugs, if any, besides the refrigerator plug will work off inverter power when running on battery power only. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnienelson View Post
    I have a 2021 Solitude 390RK-R and want to know if someone knows which plugs, if any, besides the refrigerator plug will work off inverter power when running on battery power only. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    If you have the 1000w watt inverter, none , its the refrigerator only. If you have the solar package with the 2000w inverter than I know at least some are hot, I don't know which though. Start plugging something in and see. I did wire in a couple on my own when I had the fridge only inverter on our old 377. pretty easy to do.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thread moved to Electrical Systems and Wiring.
    @JKellerJr has the right answer. In our rig (2,000W inverter), most outlets except the fireplace, microwave, and electric element on the water heater are powered by the inverter.

You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Note: you'll need to have a paid subscription to add an image to your signature.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    If you have the 1000w watt inverter, none , its the refrigerator only. If you have the solar package with the 2000w inverter than I know at least some are hot, I don't know which though. Start plugging something in and see. I did wire in a couple on my own when I had the fridge only inverter on our old 377. pretty easy to do.
    Unfortunately, I do have the 1000W inverter. Thanks for the info.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whenever I have a new home, office, or RV I map out all the power. Use a little lamp or tester and switch each breaker or fuse one at a time. Test each switch and device.

Once you've gone over everything it all you'll understand so much more, and save lots of time when something goes wrong.
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any recommendations on a 2000w inverter?

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any recommendations on a 2000w inverter?
    Do you have the battery bank to support a 2,000 watt inverter? @SolarPoweredRV can give you some insight into what that might involve.

Here are a few forum tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

3) You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Note: you'll need to have a paid subscription to add an image to your signature.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Do you have the battery bank to support a 2,000 watt inverter? @SolarPoweredRV can give you some insight into what that might involve.

Rob
    I currently just have the base package with 2 AGM marine/RV batteries. I eventually want to upgrade to some lithium batteries to have enough power to run my laptop and hotspots, etc and maybe the TV for a day or two. We don't currently do much boondocking or stays at Harvest Hosts without at least a small shore power hookup because I still need to be able to work.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I currently just have the base package with 2 AGM marine/RV batteries. I eventually want to upgrade to some lithium batteries to have enough power to run my laptop and hotspots, etc and maybe the TV for a day or two. We don't currently do much boondocking or stays at Harvest Hosts without at least a small shore power hookup because I still need to be able to work.
    The batteries will be a limiting factor. The residential fridge takes on average 10 amps per hour (less at night) A day or two for that alone will take a decent amount of battery power.

You have headroom left on the 1000 watt inverter. You just need rewire some outlets. You’ll need to do that anyway if you switch inverters. If all your looking for is a tv/hotspot the 1000w stock unit will be fine. I ran a tv off it on our previous 377. I know someone else that rewired and runs several of the outlets in the RV off the 1000 watt unit. He also runs a second mini fridge in the outdoor kitchen.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    The batteries will be a limiting factor. The residential fridge takes on average 10 amps per hour (less at night) A day or two for that alone will take a decent amount of battery power.

You have headroom left on the 1000 watt inverter. You just need rewire some outlets. You’ll need to do that anyway if you switch inverters. If all your looking for is a tv/hotspot the 1000w stock unit will be fine. I ran a tv off it on our previous 377. I know someone else that rewired and runs several of the outlets in the RV off the 1000 watt unit. He also runs a second mini fridge in the outdoor kitchen.
    Thanks for the info. I may look at just rewiring a few outlets and add them to be run off the inverter. I do have the factory installed propane generator but don't like to use that unless absolutely necessary because it drinks the propane like Otis the town drunk from Mayberry. lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast