Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 23G Question on 12VDC compressor type refrigerator

I ordered a new 23G trailer that I'm picking up April 7 in Indiana. I'm excited about the 12VDC compressor type refrigerator after decades of owning absorption type units. Grand Design includes a dedicated 200W solar panel standard (not the solar package option) to support the 12VDC compressor type refrigerator. I'm going to install a new 230A Lifepo Lithium battery. I was under the impression that Grand Design installed a Ah and/or DC voltage meter (dedicated) to monitor how much the refrigerator is pulling. I was told by the GD factory rep that there is a phone app. that using BT I can access this information. Not sure if that is true?

Can anyone comment on if any of what I've shared exist? I'm assuming that Grand Design would have done something similar on other trailer series that they installed a 12VDC compressor type refrigerator and dedicated solar panel

Thank you I always appreciate everyone's input

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fiftyr View Post
    I ordered a new 23G trailer that I'm picking up April 7 in Indiana. I'm excited about the 12VDC compressor type refrigerator after decades of owning absorption type units. Grand Design includes a dedicated 200W solar panel standard (not the solar package option) to support the 12VDC compressor type refrigerator. I'm going to install a new 230A Lifepo Lithium battery. I was under the impression that Grand Design installed a Ah and/or DC voltage meter (dedicated) to monitor how much the refrigerator is pulling. I was told by the GD factory rep that there is a phone app. that using BT I can access this information. Not sure if that is true?

Can anyone comment on if any of what I've shared exist? I'm assuming that Grand Design would have done something similar on other trailer series that they installed a 12VDC compressor type refrigerator and dedicated solar panel

Thank you I always appreciate everyone's input
    Not sure what you'll get. We have the 12-volt frig and it came with only a LA battery that certainly wouldn't power the frig for a day offline. I'd recommend that you get a shunt-type battery monitor, the voltage meter that cam with ours is pretty useless.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I ordered at multi-meter with shunt to monitor current, voltage, power, etc. Agree they are the only way to go. I also plan to use a mobile solar suitcase I'm making that is 200 watts. All combined for my dry camping I'll have 400 watts. This is for spring/summer camping. Thanks