User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rack and pinion slide horizontal adjustment

Had some squeaking on the dinette slide. Read many threads about cleaning and lubing/not lubing etc.

I cleaned everything up and even pulled the carpet to clean and 303 the hard plastic edge. Also ,ubed the rubber around the slides

When pulling in slide it I noticed the back edge is tighter and the rubber seal has a hard time moving.

Looks like loosening 4 bolts and sliding the box forward. I need only 1/4" or so.

Any suggestions? 1 video shows a guy using 2 floor jacks and some wood under the frame to lift entire box slightly. No access to these at the moment.

Other reading showed getting a friend to help push.

Yet another suggested tapping the arms a little the opposite way and run the slide to get it to move.

My thoughts are bringing in part way to balance then try moving.

Thoughts?
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check Lippert’s site. Manuals and videos are available.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are we talking about a Schwintek slide? Doesn't really sound like it, but you mentioned "Read many threads about cleaning and lubing/not lubing etc.', which sounded like a reference to the Schwintek.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Are we talking about a Schwintek slide? Doesn't really sound like it, but you mentioned "Read many threads about cleaning and lubing/not lubing etc.', which sounded like a reference to the Schwintek.
    Not schwintek.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you mean Hyd or Elect slides ( thru the frame ) this Lippert video will show you how to adjust vertically and side to side..

https://youtu.be/koGmotPRJWw?si=g8OusEjSfEpYSVsH

** yes.. when making side to side adjustments open the slide about half way and then loosen the header bolts on both guide bars and then you can push the slide sideways to get your side to side clearance..

** remember to tighten down the header bolts on each guide bar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper02 View Post
    If you mean Hyd or Elect slides ( thru the frame ) this Lippert video will show you how to adjust vertically and side to side..

** yes.. when making side to side adjustments open the slide about half way and then loosen the header bolts on both guide bars and then you can push the slide sideways to get your side to side clearance..

** remember to tighten down the header bolts on each guide bar
    Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for. Wonder how hard it is doing a large slide?
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE

Today was a travel day and I just had to try something.

1st I closed slide to within about 8 inches. Measured both sides. Front gap was 1.5" rear was .75"

Rear way to close for seal to move easily. I loosened the 4 bolts that were not very tight btw, and pushed slide forward .25".

Now gaps are 1.25 and 1.0

Then proceeded to TIGHTEN the bolts. They were originally more then finger tight but not by much. Unreal.
    So over time winds must have moved it back. So if slide gets a squeal check rubber seals and gaps.

Those videos above are very helpful.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.