User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion Microwave convection oven

I replaced the Furion Movrowave convection oven in my unit (with extended warranty that still cost me over $400) because microwave wasn’t heating properly and convection oven wasn’t cooking food.
    First replacement from Lippert oven set at 350 only reached 255 on oven thermometer. Didn’t trust thermometer and tried baking a cake. Hour and half later still had batter with a slight crust.
    Second replacement from Lippert:
    Convection oven set at 400 preheats to 325 and gets to 350 after 10 minutes (on 2 new oven thermometers).
    Does anyone else have this problem with the Furion microwave/convection ovens.
    BEFORE YOU SUGGEST CHECKING POWER IN RV, We have and it is not a problem. Also tested with extension cord directly to park pole. Definitely an oven issue. Not a power issue.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have noticed it don't heat stuff as fast as our microwave at home . Never checked the temp.
    2019 super duty 6.7
    2021 solitude 2930rl
    1236 ah of Sok lithium 1200 watts of solar.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thread moved to Appliances.

We had nothing but issues with the Furrion convection microwave that came in our Solitude - including having it replaced once under warranty. IMHO, they are junk. We replaced ours with an LG unit which works extremely well.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spoke with Lippert again this morning. They are sending another replacement (Graystone this time). Hopefully it will be better than Furrion.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Picklesmom View Post
    I spoke with Lippert again this morning. They are sending another replacement (Graystone this time). Hopefully it will be better than Furrion.
    We had a Graystone in a previous travel trailer. Don't bet on it being any better than Furrion. (Sorry.) None of these made-in-China-for-RVs microwaves are the quality of a residential unit.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of the Furrion Convection Microwave... does anyone know if they have a fuse anywhere inside them? 5+ years and no issues until today. Power is fine, 122 VAC to both neutral and ground. I got to my site today and found out I only have 30A. I hooked up my 30A cord that I carry and I heard the microwave "beep"... I then remember I had a 30A surge protector in my storage compartment and hooked it up. I turned the pedestal breaker back on and again heard the microwave beep. 20 minutes later sitting in the RV I noticed the microwave had no power... Receptacle is fine... I just don't want to tear apart the appliance looking for something that might not exist.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    Speaking of the Furrion Convection Microwave... does anyone know if they have a fuse anywhere inside them? 5+ years and no issues until today. Power is fine, 122 VAC to both neutral and ground. I got to my site today and found out I only have 30A. I hooked up my 30A cord that I carry and I heard the microwave "beep"... I then remember I had a 30A surge protector in my storage compartment and hooked it up. I turned the pedestal breaker back on and again heard the microwave beep. 20 minutes later sitting in the RV I noticed the microwave had no power... Receptacle is fine... I just don't want to tear apart the appliance looking for something that might not exist.
    They do - behind the trim on the upper right above the button panel. It's one of those special "microwave" fuses. 10 amps if I recall correctly. Usually when it blows, it's the switch carrier/latch in the door that's at fault, though.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    They do - behind the trim on the upper right above the button panel. It's one of those special "microwave" fuses. 10 amps if I recall correctly. Usually when it blows, it's the switch carrier/latch in the door that's at fault, though.

Rob
    Thanks Rob.... now can someone tell me how to access it? Does the microwave need to be taken down to check the fuse? There aren't any visible screws to remove.
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    Thanks Rob.... now can someone tell me how to access it? Does the microwave need to be taken down to check the fuse? There aren't any visible screws to remove.
    The microwave does not need to come down. There are screws on top of that grille looking trim across the top. Remove than trim piece and you'll see how to remove a metal plate at the top right - the fuse is behind that. If you search YouTube, you can probably find someone who has done a how-to video (and explained the switch holder issue, too).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    The microwave does not need to come down. There are screws on top of that grille looking trim across the top. Remove than trim piece and you'll see how to remove a metal plate at the top right - the fuse is behind that. If you search YouTube, you can probably find someone who has done a how-to video (and explained the switch holder issue, too).

Rob
    Thanks again Rob. I figured out that on mine there are no longer any screws holding the trim into place. It only locks into two tabs on the bottom and the top snaps into a slot in the metal enclosure. Apparently these 2 screws were removed to install the microwave but are impossible to reinstall once the microwave is screwed up into the board above it... the screw holes are inaccessible.
    I remember at my 1st GDMA Rally having 2 techs do a recall on my microwave to install a foil heat shield behind it.... a 5 minute job for them. I recall seeing one of them snapping the front trim into place by whacking it with his hand. I was able to grab the front plastic trim about 3" from each end and pull it down and out from the top edge. Two plastic tabs on the bottom of the trim also hold it in place. Once removed the grill in the right hand corner needs to come off and there's a 125VAC 20A glass fuse behind it. Removing the cover requires a small 90° Phillips screwdriver or as I did by using a #1 Phillips screwbit tip in a 1/4" socket with a swivel adapter... PITA but it was all I have with me.
    *NOTE TO ALL* unplug microwave before removing the cover or fuse!!!
    Now for a trip into Huntington Pa to source a couple of replacement fuses. Hopefully it's not the door switch causing it to blow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240406_083230.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	50357

Name:	20240406_082427.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	50358

Name:	20240406_075129.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	50359
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 04-06-2024 at 07:36 AM.
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast