User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Just an FWIW, the Sailun, yep made in China, have a better track record than Goodyear, and are much cheaper. Just an FYI.
    Thanks for the info! Will compare prices. I have a friend who is a former Goodyear employee and he gets a bunch of discount coupons that he shares. Comes in handy when buying tires for the dually!
    2020 Ram Big Horn 3500 DRW
    2020 Momentum 353G
    MORyd Pin Box
    B&W Turnball w/ 20k B&W Companion

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlewgrsTrvls View Post
    Thanks for the info! Will compare prices. I have a friend who is a former Goodyear employee and he gets a bunch of discount coupons that he shares. Comes in handy when buying tires for the dually!
    I did type before I actually checked prices, but the last time I checked the Sailun was a lot cheaper than the Goodyear G614. Yep, a lot cheaper: about $265 vs a little over $400. Some have issues with the Sailun made in China, Vietnam actually, but you get the idea.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. I need to look at mine now...

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The treath separated on all tires, and mostly that is courced by overheating, mayby only once, and mayby years ago.

Then you should review the tirepressures, then to liw for the real loads on tire and speed used.
    You probably have ST-tires wich are calculated in maxload for 65 mph, even if N speedrated for 87mph is given.

I can help you with that.

But you have to collect some data for it.

Best is real axle or better axle-end weights in the loading you drive with, also the persons, only can be by weighing.

To get a prelimenary idea, you can use GAWR's and GVWR
    and what kind of RV, so howmany axles.
    I asume tandemaxle TT, but correct me if wrong.

The tires I can google for maxload.
    D-load you gave (AT 65 psi)

If you now only put on new tires, eventually upgraded to E or G- load, you risk same damage to tires.

If you swich to higher loadrange, mind they need in same dimensions ( I am not alliwed to use size for it) a bit higher pressure for same load on tire.

In official lists thoug, all loadranges are given in one list in US.
    EUR lists give for every loadrange/plyrating a seperate list, in wich that lower loadcapacity for higher loadrange for same pressure is seen.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    I did type before I actually checked prices, but the last time I checked the Sailun was a lot cheaper than the Goodyear G614. Yep, a lot cheaper: about $265 vs a little over $400. Some have issues with the Sailun made in China, Vietnam actually, but you get the idea.
    Thanks again! I know Sailuns are pretty popular. I used to run Maxxis 8008s on my travel trailer and just saw they have an ST. I need to sit down and look at the options.
    2020 Ram Big Horn 3500 DRW
    2020 Momentum 353G
    MORyd Pin Box
    B&W Turnball w/ 20k B&W Companion

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just priced out the same tire that the OP has and they are $180/ea. Here's the link: https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tir...year-endurance

I don't consider that excessive at all. For those that have traveled many miles pulling campers and trailers......staying ahead of blowouts from worn tread or more importantly the sidewalls is the best proactive money that can be spent. Once you have a blowout and then are forced to address the damage and the stresses....the cost of four tires is meaningless. Once my tires are three camping seasons old....they get replaced no matter how many miles are on them. Each person has their own preference and tolerance for tire replacement---mine is low for the return on investment.
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by COGrandDes View Post
    Just priced out the same tire that the OP has and they are $180/ea. Here's the link: https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tir...year-endurance
    If you're referring to me (I'm the OP) the Carlisle (now Carlstar) CSL 16 225/75-15s (load range F1) ran $1265.55 mounted, including $177.32 for road hazard. The Goodyear Endurance 205/75-15s (load range D1) are $180/ea or $1023.55 mounted, including $143.16 for road hazard.

For $200 going up in size and load rating was totally worth it.
    bill

TT: 2021 261BH Transcend Xplor
    TV: 2017 F250 FX4 6.2l

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12