Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atwood Hot Water Heater not working on Electric

I have a 2015 Reflection 29RS with a Atwood Model GC6AA-10E hot water heater. Has always worked on both Gas or Electric. Had the furnace worked on over the winter and now the electric side will not work. Gas works fine. Unsure if related to furnace repair just a coincident. I looked at the back of the hot water heater and noticed an electric cord not plugged into anything. See photos. I asked the repair center and they said they would have no reason to unplug it, but I don't have confidence in what they do (my furnace still does not work). So my question is, should this cord be plugged in? I noticed there is an outlet in the bay area with nothing plugged into it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20240318_183315.jpg   20240318_183301.jpg  

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would think that is the plug for the 120v element for the water heater, just make sure when you plug it in the water heater it is either full of water or the switch for the electric is shut off so you don’t burn up the element. Good luck.
    2020 303RLS
    2018 Dodge 2500 Cummins
    BW Companion
    Retired and loving it.