Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickTulsa View Post
    Type in the part number Rob supplied. I did and found it on eBay for $16.99 ea
    The other part of this is that changing just the struts bent the original attachment brackets.
    I was able to find shorter length attachments (at Camping World) which solved this problem.
    See http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...strut+brackets

The heavy duty lift kit that Mike found, likely already has these shorter pivot brackets.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome thanks

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After my struts failed and I got cracked on the head I did a temporary fix and never upgraded the struts. I don't get under there very often so I've got about $2 in my hillbilly hood prop (a 1x2x40" piece of oak).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have bought a new mattress which is much heavier than our RV one. After putting it in place the struts, like everyone's, doesn't hold. Following advice on here I looked around. The EBay one's are in USD and they don't ship to Canada. I tried Amazon.ca but are $32 each and the bracket is $22 for 2. So my wife found this company in Victoria, BC;

http://www.rvsuperstorecanada.ca/

I have talked to them and they have called me back, all the numbers are good and google earth is helpful! so I feel confident that they are legit. The struts were $22 each and the bracket was $7 each. There is shipping but it certainly was a cheaper option than Amazon and Camping World. I like Camping World but I once ordered from them and had to pay an expensive shipping cost and duty which hurt! I usually try to pick up items when in the US which hasn't been for some time! Still this could be a good Canadian option for those of us north of the border.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by schofie View Post
    We have bought a new mattress which is much heavier than our RV one. After putting it in place the struts, like everyone's, doesn't hold. Following advice on here I looked around. The EBay one's are in USD and they don't ship to Canada. I tried Amazon.ca but are $32 each and the bracket is $22 for 2. So my wife found this company in Victoria, BC;

I have talked to them and they have called me back, all the numbers are good and google earth is helpful! so I feel confident that they are legit. The struts were $22 each and the bracket was $7 each. There is shipping but it certainly was a cheaper option than Amazon and Camping World. I like Camping World but I once ordered from them and had to pay an expensive shipping cost and duty which hurt! I usually try to pick up items when in the US which hasn't been for some time! Still this could be a good Canadian option for those of us north of the border.
    Thanks for this information!I'll take note of this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokerdy View Post
    Thanks for this information!I'll take note of this
    As a post script my order came as expected, I installed them and they work well. I ordered 2 brackets and received 2 packets each pack had 2 brackets in. So it was $7 for the 2. The website wasn't clear on this and I have since told the company that it should state that there are 2 in a packet. I now have a couple of spares just in case I need them!. Good luck.
    Richard and Susan - Calgary, Alberta. Canada.
    2017 Reflections 303RLS
    2014 Dodge Ram 3500HD Mega Cab 4x4 6.7L Turbo Cummins Diesel with a short box.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by schofie View Post

Firefox gives me a security warning on that web site, says "the owner has not configured the web site properly" and my information could get stolen.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Firefox gives me a security warning on that web site, says "the owner has not configured the web site properly" and my information could get stolen.
    I had something similar which I asked him about when I spoke to him. He said it was to do with their security certificate not yet on the website, they use a service company to manage their site. I went ahead and had no trouble at all with the order or since. As I said I think it's a legitimate company but if I could suggest calling them and discussing this with them, then making your own decision whether to use them or not. Good luck.
    Richard and Susan - Calgary, Alberta. Canada.
    2017 Reflections 303RLS
    2014 Dodge Ram 3500HD Mega Cab 4x4 6.7L Turbo Cummins Diesel with a short box.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123