User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fireplace tripping breaker

I've noticed that on this Solitude model, the electric fireplace, tv, kitchen outlets, and dining room outlet are on the same 15amp breaker. So, if the fireplace is on, you can't run a coffee maker in the kitchen or much of anything else without the breaker tripping. Also, when the television and the fireplace are on and the fan is set to high, the breaker will trip after about an hour or so.

I don't figure I will do much about it until the spring when I get back to my dealer, however I'd like to know if they will be able figure out a way to put the fireplace on its own breaker so it isn't a game of unplug this, turn this off and then it's ok to run this item.

Anyone had a similar situation? Thanks.

Gary
    Gary & Marcy
    2015 Solitude 325X
    2012 Ford F350 SRW 6.7 Dsl Crew Cab

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tobymaxx View Post
    I've noticed that on this Solitude model, the electric fireplace, tv, kitchen outlets, and dining room outlet are on the same 15amp breaker. So, if the fireplace is on, you can't run a coffee maker in the kitchen or much of anything else without the breaker tripping. Also, when the television and the fireplace are on and the fan is set to high, the breaker will trip after about an hour or so.

I don't figure I will do much about it until the spring when I get back to my dealer, however I'd like to know if they will be able figure out a way to put the fireplace on its own breaker so it isn't a game of unplug this, turn this off and then it's ok to run this item.

Anyone had a similar situation? Thanks.

Gary
    Hi Gary (@tobymaxx,

I've taken the liberty of asking Ryan Prough, the Warranty Manager here at Grand Design RV, to contact you. Or if it is more convenient for you, please feel free to call Ryan at our Customer Support direct phone number at (574) 825-9679 to discuss your concern.

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Mailing & shipping address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 13868 CR 4, Bristol IN 46507
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

- Phones: Grand Design RV Corporate at (574) 825-8000 or Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Fax: (574) 825-9249
    - Email: [email protected]

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesignRv
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/granddesignrv
    - Google+: https://plus.google.com/113479014558069639097
    - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grand-design-rv-llc
    - Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/granddesignrv
    - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHa...PuUd3J3NHNyXVQ

For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2016 318rst and last night sometime after running the fireplace and turning it off I thought it smelled like burnt wiring abou 3am. This morning tried to turn on fireplace and it would not turn on, looked in the electrical panel and the breaker tripped, tried turning back on and it tripped immediately and smelled the the burnt smell again. Any one have the same problem.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by musserr01 View Post
    We have a 2016 318rst and last night sometime after running the fireplace and turning it off I thought it smelled like burnt wiring abou 3am. This morning tried to turn on fireplace and it would not turn on, looked in the electrical panel and the breaker tripped, tried turning back on and it tripped immediately and smelled the the burnt smell again. Any one have the same problem.
    Where is the smell coming from? Is it at the fireplace? If so, they are easy to remove. There is a metal trim you can pull off around the unit, and then there are four screws that will allow you to pull the fireplace out. It is relatively small and light. Then you can look behind it and see if anything like the wires are burnt.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by musserr01 View Post
    Under the fireplace slide, the wiring rides a bendable support from the fixed trailer frame to the moveable slide. Check that this support is not broken and that the external wiring is not pinched or chafed, causing the problem.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got that ele burning smell briefly when the control board on our fireplace died this past spring and the fireplace would not turn on. But had no issues with breakers or fuses blowing.
    We called Greystone and had a new board sent and all works fine with no ele burning smell. When we removed the bad board it did have some marks of overheating on it.
    IF that is your problem it's a fairly easy fix.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/