User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    fredandfred

What about my tires?

Since we are full timing I am curious as to whether I should do something with my tires. I have them on plastic cutting boards to keep them off the ground and a lot of the weight is on the levelers. They have not moved or rotated since we bought this unit and had it delivered to our spot. It has been a little over a year now. Should I try and rotate them a bit?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why don't you do the ultimate rotation--get rid of those Chinese Will Pops and buy yourself a proper set of LT/E tires? You're very fortunate not to have had a complete tire failure.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    Why don't you do the ultimate rotation--get rid of those Chinese Will Pops and buy yourself a proper set of LT/E tires? You're very fortunate not to have had a complete tire failure.
    Excuse me. I didn't read your note closely. On the above, I'm not allowed to modify the message.

If you are semi-permanently parked and not using your FL on the open road, just keep your WestLakes aired up. If and when you hit the road, swapping tires is very much preferred.

My fifth wheel stays in one campground, but we've already changed the rubber to Duravis R250's. We may even one day get brave and haul it down to Florida to Disney.

fredandfred
    Are decent tires expensive?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those Solitude and Momentum owners, 16" LT load range E tires are not an option for you as the tire load rating would be insufficient (3042#) with your 7000# axles. You would need to look at LT load range G (or higher) to have sufficient load capacity and yes they're expensive...

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good question...haven't even thought about the tires yet. Damn.

So, where does one get said tires? (2017 Momentum 350M)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The go-to 16" heavy duty RV tire is the Goodyear G614. I paid $1,400 for a set of four with an extended warranty. No sales tax in Oregon so that made it less expensive. Most tire shops sell them. A less expensive alternative is the Sailun S637. These are more difficult to find but many have reported they are great tires as well.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fredandfred View Post
    Since we are full timing I am curious as to whether I should do something with my tires. I have them on plastic cutting boards to keep them off the ground and a lot of the weight is on the levelers. They have not moved or rotated since we bought this unit and had it delivered to our spot. It has been a little over a year now. Should I try and rotate them a bit?
    Jeff & Kathy - The best way to protect your tires in a long term parked situation is to get them off the ground and covered. I use the combination jack/jack stands referenced in post #8. You could even remove the wheels and tires and store then in a cool dry location if you wanted to.

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1318.jpg  
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have 6 point leveling just raise the rear and spin them around ,it wont hurt ... keep them covered and air up ...enjoy camping ...

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast