User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RV Covers

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You probably saved me $700 I was going to spend on a cover. When you're sitting there looking at it thinking "oh, that's a great idea!" at the dealership, it's hard to think everything through. I decided to do some reading before biting that bullet. If I'd bought my 5th wheel today, I'd be the proud owner of a new parasail I think..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great information in this thread, thank you. So what are your thought and frequency for the wash and wax? I've seen differing opinions and I believe it was the manual that said twice a year. I have a buffer anybody use one? I don't want to rub off the decals or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 RAM 2500 MegaCab Cummins
    2016 Reflection 30BH

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wash mine several times a year. I give it a thorough waxing each Spring and Fall. I also clean and treat the roof when I wax it.

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Jim. What do your use for the roof?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 RAM 2500 MegaCab Cummins
    2016 Reflection 30BH

richbf
    We just had an Eagle carport put up on our property. 22 ft. wide x 50 ft. long. We had one side fully enclosed, the other side half enclosed. Total cost was 6800.00 for the carport and installation.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trust me this is a chore but after a few times you develop a 'method' and it becomes 2nd nature like all the other tasks we all do. One thing I cut foam noodles to slip on drain extensions. I'm also considering mounting a low profile car-top carrier on the roof so I don't have to go up and down off the roof.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My trailer is only 30', I cover it. To me it is no big deal, think it through, if you fold it and unfold it correctly the hardest part is getting it on the roof. I fold it into the smallest bundle possible, strap it so it stays that way. Get that bundle on the roof with a step ladder. Then I get myself on the roof with the RV ladder, move the bundle into position and unfold. About 20 minutes later by myself it's done. So far I am very happy with it, only been about 6 months so far, but the trailer looks great, there are no signs of rub or damage in anyway.
    Take care,
    Chris
    2017 Momentum 350M
    2016 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD Dually w/ B&W Companion Hitch

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    ...Two weeks later, the wind picked up and ripped it to shreds. We both quietly celebrated while we stuffed our $300+ cover in the trash can...
    Thanks for the laugh Jim. I had to read this to my wife so she'd get a chuckle out of it.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Boulanger View Post
    I'm also considering mounting a low profile car-top carrier on the roof so I don't have to go up and down off the roof.
    That is a fantastic idea!
    Take care,
    Chris
    2017 Momentum 350M
    2016 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD Dually w/ B&W Companion Hitch

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had a cover for a couple years and it's ok for me. ADCO. They have a good video on how to install it. I'd say about 30 minutes. Not sure how it will work with the new ladder installed. It was snug before the ladder was installed. I do plan on something like a covered shed in the next year or so. Where I currently live you can't keep an RV on your property. Retiring soon and moving to where I can keep my camper at my house. Looking for a place that has room for an RV, nice woodshop. And hopefully the house is nice too.
    Steven and Linda Akers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast