User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Wmrwhite

RV Washer/Dryer combo

Greetings full timers! Is anyone using a combination washer/dryer in their camper? If so what brand and how do you like it. We will be joining the full timer ranks, hopefully by summer 2017 in a Solitude 384GK-R, and my financial adviser (Debra) insists that our new rolling condo be equipped with a washer/dryer. Any thoughts or experiences will be appreciated!

Bill & Debra

graynomad
    We have fulltime in a 337 Reflection for nearly 2 years and have a Splendide washer/dryer combo, I would not part with it, the best thing i put in the trailer. Yes it does take time for it to wash and dry and also yes you cant put as much in it but you just learn to do it when you are around . Just the convience of having it in your home(trailer) not having to find quarters and most of all not worry what has been washed in it before you put your clothes in it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the Splendide 7000 ventless. It works pretty good. We also use a portable,,solar drying rack attached to the ladder
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the separate Splendide washer and dryer, if you have room for it. The advantage is you can have a load in the dryer and start another in the washer. We considered the combo, but this works better for us.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went with separate units in our Momentum. I'm keeping a running list of available RV-sized units at http://www.momentumgunner.com/rvappliances.html
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also remember that in another thread, someone asked about how to move them into the trailer.

In our case, I used a handtruck to bring them in up the ramp. The dryer was easy enough to carry from the garage up the stairs to the bedroom closet.

The washing machine was quite a bit heavier. Since my wife was almost 9 months pregnant and I didn't have anyone to help - I used a movers blanket under it, and pulled it along the floor to the stairs to the bedroom. Then I placed another movers blanket on the stairs, and leaned it over. I pushed it up the stairs, then pulled it on that movers blanket into the bedroom and walked it to the closet.

I have some details on the installation at http://www.momentumgunner.com/momentum_project.html

Start at 11-August-2015.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Wmrwhite
    Quote Originally Posted by graynomad View Post
    We have fulltime in a 337 Reflection for nearly 2 years and have a Splendide washer/dryer combo, I would not part with it, the best thing i put in the trailer. Yes it does take time for it to wash and dry and also yes you cant put as much in it but you just learn to do it when you are around . Just the convience of having it in your home(trailer) not having to find quarters and most of all not worry what has been washed in it before you put your clothes in it.
    Thanks graynomad! That is exactly Debra's reasoning for the combo unit and she likes the Splendide. We watched a YouTube video on the operation and that sold her.

Wmrwhite
    Quote Originally Posted by RamGunner View Post
    We went with separate units in our Momentum. I'm keeping a running list of available RV-sized units at http://www.momentumgunner.com/rvappliances.html
    Thanks Ramgunner! We are going with the Spendide vented combo unit! Great information you have compiled! I bookmarked it for future reference!

Wmrwhite
    Quote Originally Posted by LCBoyer View Post
    We have the Splendide 7000 ventless. It works pretty good. We also use a portable,,solar drying rack attached to the ladder
    LC, Post a picture of your drying rack! Home made or store bought?
    When we go full time our mail will also be going to the Pensacola area! Daughter, Son-in-law and grandkids live in the area.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will take a couple pictures tomorrow
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast