User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic and very helpful post. I'm really frustrated with having to walk back and forth into the RV to check the gauges while cleaning my black tank as well so this product is very tempting. I have a couple questions -
    1- Is it easy to remove the under belly cover?
    2- Once the under belly cover is removed, is there insulation or foam or anything to remove to get access to the tanks? It looked like there might be insulation in one of your photos.
    3- Where did you tie in for 12v power for the outside (wet area) monitor? Did you just run wires to the battery terminals in the front compartment?

If I did this mod, I would just add the wet bay display and leave the factory idiot lights alone inside the RV. What you did inside is super nice but too ambitious for me.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1970kw View Post
    Nice install. I would like to do the same to our 337 at some point. I was planning on using the existing sensor wires. It looks like you ran new ones?
    Yes I did use new wire. I could have used the existing wire to make it a bit simpler, but I chose to run new wire to match the colors of the SeeLevel. This way, if for some reason, I need to go back to the old sensors, I can. The wire is still there just taped off behind the control panel.

Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    Fantastic and very helpful post. I'm really frustrated with having to walk back and forth into the RV to check the gauges while cleaning my black tank as well so this product is very tempting. I have a couple questions -
    1- Is it easy to remove the under belly cover?

The simple answer is...Yes! But it's not so simple to put back up for me at least with my 350M. For me, I wish I would have dropped the front screws and the one street side and left the curb side screwed in. This would have made it easier to put back up and realign the screw holes back up. When putting the belly backup (if your by yourself) use ratchet straps to hold it up while you screw it back up. This makes it easier. A rolling creeper will be your best friend if your on cement.

2- Once the under belly cover is removed, is there insulation or foam or anything to remove to get access to the tanks? It looked like there might be insulation in one of your photos.

There is rolled insulation under the belly. It's what keeps things warm inside during the winter and cool during the summer. It's a mess to work with. It has fiberglass particulate that float around as you mess with it. Just wear a mask and you will be fine. Putting it back in place is just hard if you drop the whole belly.

3- Where did you tie in for 12v power for the outside (wet area) monitor? Did you just run wires to the battery terminals in the front compartment?

The way I did this was, when I ran the new wire to the panel in the main coach, I also ran a single 16 awg power wire up with it. I then tied the power in up there the way they used the power for the old sensors. Then, I ran the new power wire and the new blue/black wire for the sensors straight down and to the wet bay panel. I crimped the wires together at that panel and ran the new blue/black wire from the wet bay panel down through the floor and tied all the sensors together to that wire.

If I did this mod, I would just add the wet bay display and leave the factory idiot lights alone inside the RV. What you did inside is super nice but too ambitious for me.

If you did it this way, defiantly run you new wire to the sensors and leave the idiot light wires alone. You will need to tie the panel into anything around there that is constant 12v and the ground wire to the same spot that's ground. Then just run two wires (the ground wire and a control wire, not the power wire) to the sensors and you will have a display in the Wet Bay.
    Stephen & Nikki

2013 Ford F-250 SRW w/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags, B&W Companion Hitch,
    Titan XXL 50 Gallon Mid-Ship Fuel Tank and Viair Onboard Air.
    2015 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Stephen! Looks like I have a new project ahead of me.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what we do on this forum, make others spend there money! Lol
    Stephen & Nikki

2013 Ford F-250 SRW w/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags, B&W Companion Hitch,
    Titan XXL 50 Gallon Mid-Ship Fuel Tank and Viair Onboard Air.
    2015 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Stephen! Looks like a future job.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info on the install. I've had a set of SeeLevel sensors installed in my Solitude 369RL. I'm ready to do the calibration. Did you do anything to account for the non-rectangular cross-section of the tanks? If the sensors react to water depth, I'm thinking of creating a table matching readings with actual tank volume used or remaining. Thanks, Pat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12