User Tag List

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might of missed it, but is there a defenitive answer if Lippert uses the Never Fail Bushings in our Correct Track systems ? Anyone actually had to remove a shackle or bolt and observed the bushing ? I looked at the Lippert site and saw the Correct Track system and oddly enough it does not include bushings. Wondered if they are still sticking in those 2 cent plastic bushings that last about 100 miles.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My understanding is they use nylon bushings where the wet bolts are installed.
    Never fail bushings where springs mount to the frame.
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2022 Ford F350 SRW CC 4X4 Lariat 6.7 camper package, B&W Companion RVK3300

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disappointing but certainly not unexpected. If given the choice, I'd of taken the better bushings along with the greaseable bolts over the Correct Track (which, again not surprisingly, is just a marketing gimmick since they don't bother to actually use the Correct Track to align the axles before the rig leaves the factory, hence the Correct Track is useless and only becomes useful if the end user takes the RV (on our own dime) to a shop that is familiar with this thing and can use it to accurately align the axles).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    Disappointing but certainly not unexpected. If given the choice, I'd of taken the better bushings along with the greaseable bolts over the Correct Track (which, again not surprisingly, is just a marketing gimmick since they don't bother to actually use the Correct Track to align the axles before the rig leaves the factory, hence the Correct Track is useless and only becomes useful if the end user takes the RV (on our own dime) to a shop that is familiar with this thing and can use it to accurately align the axles).
    I don't think it would be too difficult to replace the bushings with brass or never fail. I would think if you keep it lubed the nylon bushings will last.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Chuck,

I wonder if this has something to do with the Correct Track adjustment ? . . . although I can't see why this would be. At chassis build in the GDRV assembly plant, axle and spring assemblies are fastened to the frames using some wet bolts and some standard bolts. Since this is a Lippert part to a Lippert part . . . Lippert must be specifying which bolts to use.

Rob
    The bolts in the correct track must be able to turn to make alignment adjustments. Wet bolts are pressed in so they can't turn. They are tightened by turning the nut not the bolt.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grampscamper View Post
    I don't think it would be too difficult to replace the bushings with brass or never fail. I would think if you keep it lubed the nylon bushings will last.
    I've seen plenty of pictures of destroyed and deformed nylon bushings. They are not designed to take the weight of the RV and the constant movement of the suspension and wear out quickly which then causes the suspension bolts to deform the shackle holes which leads to catasrophic failure. The nylon bushings are designed for two things, to be just good enough to get the Rv'er through the warranty period and secondly, to cost the manufacturer the least amount of money.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    I've seen plenty of pictures of destroyed and deformed nylon bushings. They are not designed to take the weight of the RV and the constant movement of the suspension and wear out quickly which then causes the suspension bolts to deform the shackle holes which leads to catasrophic failure. The nylon bushings are designed for two things, to be just good enough to get the Rv'er through the warranty period and secondly, to cost the manufacturer the least amount of money.
    I was very surprised to learn that they went to the trouble of installing wet bolts but not brass bushings. I will keep an eye on mine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just greased mine. Initially, only half would take grease. The ones that did not take grease, squeezed the grease gun quicker and was able to "break" through the zerk spring pressure. In the end 2 of 10 did not take grease. I am going to take a hammer to the zerk ball bearing and see if I can loosen it up a bit.
    BTW, no old grease came out. Quite dissapointing.

Cent frum my sell phone so pleeze excuse my spelling and grahmar.
    Zac and Charlene
    Frank and Bella (four-legged kids)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS- SteadyFast stabilizers, Oxygenics shower head, residential sink faucet, residential mattress.
    2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT- EFI Live, MBRP 4" exhaust, LBZ mouthpiece, AirLift Airbags, RDS 60G combo aux tank, and B&W turnover/Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zac808 View Post
    Just greased mine. Initially, only half would take grease. The ones that did not take grease, squeezed the grease gun quicker and was able to "break" through the zerk spring pressure. In the end 2 of 10 did not take grease. I am going to take a hammer to the zerk ball bearing and see if I can loosen it up a bit.
    BTW, no old grease came out. Quite dissapointing.

It looks like they're not greased at the factory. It doesn't look like dealers grease them either. Likely the reason they won't except grease is because the holes are blocked from the weight of the trailer. You may have to take the weight off the suspension for them to accept grease.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out Dexters setup. Every mounting point is greasable. Even the actual equiflex assembly.

http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Susp...71-652-00.html

Zac and Charlene
    Frank and Bella (four-legged kids)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS- SteadyFast stabilizers, Oxygenics shower head, residential sink faucet, residential mattress.
    2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT- EFI Live, MBRP 4" exhaust, LBZ mouthpiece, AirLift Airbags, RDS 60G combo aux tank, and B&W turnover/Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast