User Tag List

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Suspension Grease Fittings

The Equa Flex system on my 303 has wet bolts on all the connections except for the forward and aft spring hangers, why wouldn't they (LCI) put wet bolts in all the pivot points?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chuck,

I wonder if this has something to do with the Correct Track adjustment ? . . . although I can't see why this would be. At chassis build in the GDRV assembly plant, axle and spring assemblies are fastened to the frames using some wet bolts and some standard bolts. Since this is a Lippert part to a Lippert part . . . Lippert must be specifying which bolts to use.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They explained why wet bolts weren't use in the end shackles where the Corret Trak adjusters were. It has something to do with the adjustment
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK I'll accept that but now the issue is the factory doesn't use the grease fittings that are installed, they may have a thin coating when the bolt is installed?? Mine had no grease and I have one wet bolt that won't take grease. Maybe something the dealer is supposed to do. Hoping customer service will pick up on this thread.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to buy a replacement wet bolt as it would not take grease. Like you said, they never greased them at the factory. I had a shackle break which led me to finding the wet bolts that I didn't even know I had,
    Jerry & Jeanine
    2016 Ram 3500 MegaCab Diesel
    2014 Reflection 293RES (sold)
    2020 Reflection 303RLS

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clsfly View Post
    The Equa Flex system on my 303 has wet bolts on all the connections except for the forward and aft spring hangers, why wouldn't they (LCI) put wet bolts in all the pivot points?
    Hi @Clsfly,

We are respectfully asking you to contact our vendor/partner, Lippert Components, directly for assistance with your concerns. Lippert Customer Support can be reached by email at [email protected] or by phone at 574-537-8900.

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Mailing & shipping address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 13868 CR 4, Bristol IN 46507
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

- Phones: Grand Design RV Corporate at (574) 825-8000 or Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Fax: (574) 825-9249
    - Email: [email protected]

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesignRv
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/granddesignrv
    - Google+: https://plus.google.com/113479014558069639097
    - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grand-design-rv-llc
    - Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/granddesignrv
    - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHa...PuUd3J3NHNyXVQ

For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarnes4868 View Post
    I had to buy a replacement wet bolt as it would not take grease. Like you said, they never greased them at the factory. I had a shackle break which led me to finding the wet bolts that I didn't even know I had,
    Where did you get the replacement wet bolt? Thanks Don
    2014 Reflection 303//2013 Ram 2500 turbo diesel Spring, TEXAS

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GDRV Customer Service View Post
    Hi @Clsfly,

We are respectfully asking you to contact our vendor/partner, Lippert Components, directly for assistance with your concerns. Lippert Customer Support can be reached by email at [email protected] or by phone at 574-537-8900.

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Hey Chuck, should we assume, since you are the OP, that you will be contacting LCI? I would love to hear the answer on this. As with everyone else it seems when I did my recent brake project I checked my wet bolts and they had obviously never been greased. I would also like to know why they don't use wet bolts on the front and rear hangers. I look forward to hear what they tell you.

My reason is that I may choose to upgrade the wet bolts anyway. I would be willing to bet the wet bolts LCI uses on these are not the best quality. There are a number of aftermarket kits with "reportedly" superior bushings. So, I wouldn't want to put wet bolts in those locations if it's contraindicated.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was able to make contact this week with Lippert on another topic. I'll volunteer to contact them. Here are the questions I propose sending them. Let me know if you'd like the questions modified. I'll send the inquiry tomorrow morning.

"Hello, I'm a member of the Grand Design RV forum and I'd like to ask the following questions based upon inquiries from our members. We posed the questions to Grand Design, and they suggested we contact Lippert directly for answers. These questions are focused on the "wet" bolts that Lippert installs in the suspension components or our Lippert based frames:

1. Many members have noted that the wet bolts installed in the suspension appear to be unlubricated when the trailers are delivered. Does Lippert use the zerk fittings to lubricate the bolts prior to delivering the frame to Grand Design?
    2. Should new owners lubricate the wet bolts upon receipt of their trailer?
    3. How often should the wet bolts be relubricated?
    4. Lippert installed standard bolts (not wet bolts) on the outer ends of the spring hangars. Can you let us know why standard bolts were used in this application vs. wet bolts?

Thank you"

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Jim, could you add, or modify question #4, to include a direct question as to whether it is okay to install wet bolts in those locations even though they did not come with wet bolts.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast