User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by treeofliberty View Post
    I am no electrician, so please confirm anything I say here, but I believe the 50 amp wiring is actually 2 x 30amp. ....

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    The 50 A shore service is 2x50 A if that's what you're asking. You can draw a maximum of 12 KVA as compared to 3.6 KVA on a single leg 30A RV service.

I haven't read up on the Magnum, but do you know if it will bond ground and neutral if shore power is off and you're not running the genny? (i.e. inverter only mode).
    Steve and Cheryl

2017 Momentum 328M w/Dual Pane Windows and 3rd A/C. Aftermarket mods: Titan EOH Disc Brakes, MORryde IS suspension and Reese 5th Airborne Sidewinder pin box
    2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn Megacab 4x4 DRW with 6.7 HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, AISIN trans, 3.73 axles and a Reese 20K puck mount hitch
    Call sign: AAØSB, Class: Extra

ThruHauler
    Quote Originally Posted by Luv2Ski View Post
    The 50 A shore service is 2x50 A if that's what you're asking. You can draw a maximum of 12 KVA as compared to 3.6 KVA on a single leg 30A RV service.

I haven't read up on the Magnum, but do you know if it will bond ground and neutral if shore power is off and you're not running the genny? (i.e. inverter only mode).
    There is a section on neutral bonding in the manual: http://www.magnum-dimensions.com/sit...Series_Web.pdf

ThruHauler
    I called magnum tech support today. I'll leave their answers here for the next person looking to add one. The MSH3000M has 60 amp pass through on one hot leg. Should be connected on leg 1 which will be lit by 30 amp service or when moochdocking. They do not advise the air conditioner on the the sub-panel served by the inverter output and noted that in power sharing scenarios one of the sources (AC via shore or generator and Inverter are sources) must be able to meet the startup surge on its own.Power assist is provided to running loads not startup loads. If limited (or any) shore power is connected, the automatic generator start will not start the generator. Think that's all I got. Thanks!
    Last edited by ThruHauler; 08-01-2016 at 03:58 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info ThruHauler. Very helpful. I was wondering if you have a schematic of the final configuration? I'm looking at doing something similar. Our Momentum came with a Precision Circuits Inc load shedding EMS which is going to complicate things a bit. I've got to figure how I'm going to get all this stuff to play nice together.
    Steve and Cheryl

2017 Momentum 328M w/Dual Pane Windows and 3rd A/C. Aftermarket mods: Titan EOH Disc Brakes, MORryde IS suspension and Reese 5th Airborne Sidewinder pin box
    2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn Megacab 4x4 DRW with 6.7 HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, AISIN trans, 3.73 axles and a Reese 20K puck mount hitch
    Call sign: AAØSB, Class: Extra

ThruHauler
    Quote Originally Posted by ThruHauler View Post
    The MSH3000M has 60 amp pass through on one hot leg. Should be connected on leg 1 which will be lit by 30 amp service or when moochdocking.
    Correction here: a proper 15 or 30 -> 50 amp adapter will jump the single hot and light both legs in an RV with 50 AMP service so it probably really doesn't matter which leg you hang the MSH3000M off of. Note that unlike the MS2812 discussed for the bulk of this thread, the MSH3000M only has a single hot input/ouput. It get's installed after the main panel and requires a sub-panel: see pages 7 and 22 of the manual here: http://www.magnum-dimensions.com/sit...Series_Web.pdf.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My husband and I want to install this on our 303RLS. Does anyone have a wiring diagram (schematic) they could share? Also, what did you do about the converter? Do you power it off before the inverter is powered up?

thanks,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

inverter install

Great to see the install in a GD. I have the same inverter and remote in my current rig and was hoping to be able to install in a GD Reflection. It can be done, and good that you can use the factory vent hose to vent the battery box. Yes, high charging ability. Once in Quartzsite, I left a light on for several days, and hooked the RV up to my Honda 2000 w generator. The charge output was high, the it go real hot in the front compartment and fans were running on the Magnum (open door for more air). I have since dialled down the charge rate on the remote panel. I have had this system since 2011 and it has worked flawlessly.

Have you weighted your trailer since the install, particularly pin weight?

Thanks for doing this mod.

Rick

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a thought...when I researched what size dedicated charger to use for my 4x Trojan T-105 batteries, I noted that Trojan recommended amperage at 10-13% of C20 capacity for the battery bank (for 4x T-105's, C20 is 450Ah). Trojan indicated constantly overcharging will decrease the battery life. See Trojan battery User Manual: http://www.trojanbattery.com/pdf/Tro...UsersGuide.pdf

I bought an IOTA 55A dedicated smart charger (4 stage) for my previous Montana RV. I removed it when traded in. My new 303RLS came with WFCO 55A charger.

Here is a link to good article on charging batteries: http://www.macandchris.com/batterychargers.htm

I considered buying an inverter/charger, but all the ones I was interested in were 125-150A chargers...too much for my battery bank. So I've decided to just add inverter and also put in the dedicated smart charger near the battery (dedicated in the sense I'll plug this in when I need maintenance charge on the battery bank since it will do the equalization charge that the OE WFCO won't perform; i.e. I'm not RVing). Placing the dedicated charger in forward bay near batteries also decreases cable run making the charger more efficient.

I isolate the batteries before using the dedicated charger.

ymmv
    Jeff & Deena
    2017 Reflection 303RLS, 4 x T-105s
    2006 F-350 King Ranch, 4x4

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your approach is sound and will work just fine. One reason that some of us use the Inverter/Chargers is for simplification. For example, the model I use for my application supports all of my "vital" AC loads when Inverting while I am boondocking. At other times when I have shore power available (or I use my generator) I can use it to charge. It is programmed via a remote panel with controls and limitations based on the battery manufacturer charge profiles. (It has five charge modes Bulk, Absorb, Float, Equalize, and Battery Saver all of which can be customized for your particular battery system)
    To each his own and if isn't broke, don't change it.
    Clint
    2016 348M on MORryde IS & RPB rolling on G614's w/ TST-507's (Love the Garage)
    960W Solar, through dual SC-2030's into a 450AH T105-RE battery bank feeding an MS-2012 and monitored with a TM-2030 and a ME-RC50
    2016 F-350 6.7L/4WD/SC/SB with 5000# airbags, Truxedo cover over B&W Companion Hitch and an RDS combo tank-box

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have a wiring diagram of what you did? It would be very helpful to me, We have a Solitude 2014 39RL and I just purchased the components. I will be installing an AIMS 3000W inverter/charger on a bank of 4 6volts batteries. I'm a little gun shy about jumping into this project. Any help from anyone would be great. Thanks Paul

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast