User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It Never Fails! Well, not quite true :(

So we're getting ready to leave on Wednesday for 5 to 65 weeks of travel and, even though the fridge has been on and working fine for over a week, last night the LI oP light came on. Tried the infamous magnet reset to no avail so finally I just jumped the 12v in and out and it is working fine. I'm guessing the board for the over heat sensor has gone bye bye.

Anyone replaced one of these boxes themselves? I've heard that Norcold will not sell them to consumers and you have to go to an authorized Norcold service center. That blows too as the unit is naturally our of it's 1 year warranty.

Thoughts?

BTW, I tried searching for threads regarding this issue and came up with nothing. I know I've read what I though were multiple threads regarding this same issue but I can't come up with them. Maybe I don't know how to use the search correctly. I used the advanced search and typed LI oP in the search field?
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No experience but our Norcold 1210 is 2 years old and we FullTime. I did a quick search and found multiple sources for the control board, so it is available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Well I would appreciate it if you would post some links because the only ones I found were for models built before ours and they are for fridges that never had them in the first place, i.e. "recall switches". This unit came with a factory sensor control.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul, I think the recall temp switch is a direct replacement for factory switch, you will have to engineer the mount
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
    Well I would appreciate it if you would post some links because the only ones I found were for models built before ours and they are for fridges that never had them in the first place, i.e. "recall switches". This unit came with a factory sensor control.
    My apologies, as when I went back and looked again, you were right. Though I'd searched for 1210 boards, every one shown was for older units. Add to believe they're not available, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a new 2016 350m... On a vacation and lost the high temp board on our Norcold fridge... Worse part is their ability to deal with the issue. They are under a safety recall and all of there customer service reps are constrained from taking care of the customer. 6 month old unit failed. Reported to Norcold, gave them 4 days and $57 fedex plus a $65 service call and still not functioning. Frustrated!!! Honestly GD needs to really consider if they should be installing fridges that are on a safety recall!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by matt & correen View Post
    Got a new 2016 350m... On a vacation and lost the high temp board on our Norcold fridge... Worse part is their ability to deal with the issue. They are under a safety recall and all of there customer service reps are constrained from taking care of the customer. 6 month old unit failed. Reported to Norcold, gave them 4 days and $57 fedex plus a $65 service call and still not functioning. Frustrated!!! Honestly GD needs to really consider if they should be installing fridges that are on a safety recall!!!

I don't believe our refrigerators are subject to the recall. Every forum I'm on everyone jumps to this issue. The recall is for fridges mostly manufactured up to 2010. Our fridges have been redesigned and INCLUDE a high temperature sensor from the factory. In my case the factory installed sensor seems to have failed.

1200, 1201, 1210 and 1211, 4 door refrigerators with cooling unit serial numbers ranging from 700000 to 13085759.

These refrigerators were installed as original equipment in vehicle model years 1997 to 2010. Other recalled refrigerators may have been purchased as replacement during the same period.

I just think it's important to keep the record straight on this.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree not part of the original recall. The high temp board was added as a safety control. But when I contacted Norcold they used the words safety recall. No dealers are allowed to stock the board and everything is traced to a serial number for reporting. So, my point is they are still having high failure rate on the component that was added. So you talk to any service tech. The standard answer is to by-pass it until you get the part from Norcold.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by matt & correen View Post
    Agree not part of the original recall. The high temp board was added as a safety control. But when I contacted Norcold they used the words safety recall. No dealers are allowed to stock the board and everything is traced to a serial number for reporting. So, my point is they are still having high failure rate on the component that was added. So you talk to any service tech. The standard answer is to by-pass it until you get the part from Norcold.

Got ya. I checked on their website and they provided a mobile tech in my area who is a certified repair tech and I spoke to him but he tells me it takes weeks to get the part so I am going to contact him a couple weeks before we return and see if he can order 1 so he has it when we get back because we turn around and go back out for another week soon after we get home.

It's always something.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE