Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When the red decals on the front of my 2015 303rls cracked, I contacted GDRV in early Nov 2016 about the issue. Initially I received a short response advising the decals are warranted for 1 yr, and the selling dealer could order new ones for me. Thank you for your inquiry.

Since the short response was not satisfactory for a "quality response" I conveyed what others here have said about the factory reps stating there is a 5 yr warranty on decals.
    After some internal discussions at GDRV, below is the response Scott McDaniel gave; a much better explanation and a good faith effort to satisfy a stakeholder.

"I am having 2 new decals sent out as a goodwill. The 5 year warranty you heard about is on the new 17 models. We changed vendors and they offer a 5 year on them. When your unit was produced there was only a 1 year on them. We are good-willing the decals, but you will be responsible for the labor to have them installed."

Scott McDaniel
    Regional Service Manager
    2018 GD Reflections 337RLS, 2021 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC w/auto level dually, TrailAir pinbox, B&W Companion hitch, Fold-A-Cover Tonneau

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Retread68. What have you done as far as installing the new ones ? Doing it yourself of having it done ?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have experience re-stickering an RV, so I will do it myself in the spring when it is warm. Getting the old ones off is always the work part. I use a commercial decal glue emulsifier to make it easier. Vinyl decals take longer, but eventually the stuff will penetrate and soften the glue. Can't remember the name of it right off and I can't put my hands on it right now.
    2018 GD Reflections 337RLS, 2021 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC w/auto level dually, TrailAir pinbox, B&W Companion hitch, Fold-A-Cover Tonneau

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread68 View Post
    I have experience re-stickering an RV, so I will do it myself in the spring when it is warm. Getting the old ones off is always the work part. I use a commercial decal glue emulsifier to make it easier. Vinyl decals take longer, but eventually the stuff will penetrate and soften the glue. Can't remember the name of it right off and I can't put my hands on it right now.
    That would work well with a pinstripe removal tool which is essentially a large rubber eraser. Takes any decals off really quickly.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using any kind of liquid glue dissolver to assist with removing just the maroon decals without damaging the adjacent ones that are not (yet) deteriorating . . . sounds like a problem. Replacing decals that have deteriorated in two to three years with more of the same . . . doesn't seem like a good plan. I wonder if these decals are available in the new "guaranteed for 5 years" material ?

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The choices are, 1. Do nothing 2. Remove and replace with new OE decals that may or may not hold up better than the originals 3. Replace with an aftermarket supplied decals(would allow for any design one wanted and decals may be of higher quality) 4. Have body shop paint the front cap(a permanent but very costly solution).
    When I remove my deteriorated decals, I'm going to see what the front looks like just leaving it white. It might not be too bad as the decal "Reflection " will still be there as that one is still holding up.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw a Reflection in Elko, NV last year with no decals on the front cap. If it were mine I would come up with some kind of replacement for the decals. Just sayin'.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cleazenby View Post
    That would work well with a pinstripe removal tool which is essentially a large rubber eraser. Takes any decals off really quickly.
    Following up on Clint's advice . . . of course YouTube has everything . . . I was wondering how this tool would affect the gelcoat of the fibreglass front cap. This video seems to show that the tool works well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3zH1hMoxqs Note that in the video, he is using a 3M tool rather than the less expensive one recommended by Clint.

This looks like the way to go for removing only the dark colour strips that have deteriorated on my front cap.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob I talked to the new supplier (Burlington Graphics) and they won't deal with the RV owner, they told me to go through GD, but GD won't sell them, you have to go through the dealer. According to my dealer the 5 year warranty didn't start until summer 2016??

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good afternoon, if you can please private message me your contact information and the last 6 of the VIN on your Imagine I'll be happy to have a regional service manager contact you regarding the warranty on the decals.

Thank you,
    Jes
    Mailing & Shipping Address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 11356 CR 2, Middlebury, IN 46540
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

Contact us:
    - Call Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Send a fax to (574) 825-9249
    - Or email: [email protected]

*For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name and phone number.*

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast