Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J&G garage View Post
    Hmm. Not sure what diamond coat is but it seems it doesn't work. I recommend 303 applied often. And stay out of that FL sun. ��
    and the Central Cal desert!
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm. Not sure what diamond coat is but it seems it doesn't work. I recommend 303 applied often. And stay out of that FL sun. ��

Sounds like it's purpose is two-fold; to give owners a feeling of security this "treatment" is advertised to give and secondly, to stuff a lot if extra cash into the dealers pocket.

I wonder if anyone that's paid for Diamond Kote has had any luck getting deteriorated decals replaced for free by the company?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this is an older thread, but has anyone had any good solutions to this decal problem? Mine just went over the 2 year mark and the decals look like they have termites in them. GD won't do a thing except to give me a "part number" so I can pay $$$ to buy them and have them installed. No thanks. I'm thinking I will just strip them off and leave them off. I'm going to take every "Reflection" and "Grand Design" sticker off as well. They advertise all over our trailers and then when their advertising signs go to crap they want us to pay so they can get more free advertising. Not on my rig.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to coat the entire front end of our new Reflection with this DIY ceramic coating, similar to Opti-Coat that you put on your car. Hopefully it is of some benefit.

http://cmagicwax.com/Products/radiant.html
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon T View Post
    I know this is an older thread, but has anyone had any good solutions to this decal problem? Mine just went over the 2 year mark and the decals look like they have termites in them. GD won't do a thing except to give me a "part number" so I can pay $$$ to buy them and have them installed. No thanks. I'm thinking I will just strip them off and leave them off. I'm going to take every "Reflection" and "Grand Design" sticker off as well. They advertise all over our trailers and then when their advertising signs go to crap they want us to pay so they can get more free advertising. Not on my rig.
    Leon,
    I'm not sure if this is a solution or not but I received a whole set of decals from Grand Design for the front of my 2016 Reflection 303. I'm questioning if it is a solution because the old ones still need to come off and the new ones put on. And then, will these do the same thing? I was pleased though that GD customer service did order a whole new front set of decals sent to my door. I saw a video by Jeff Laag of an easy removal using GraphXOff over on the Reflection Facebook group. So the jury is still out regarding if this is a solution or not but I am very pleased as always with GD customer service.
    Dennis
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180504_140337.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	12614
    Dennis and Carolyn, Oregon City, OR
    2019 GD Reflection 337RLS
    Comfort Ride Slipper Spring Suspension with Wheel Alignment
    2015 GMC SLT 2500HD Duramax with 3500HD Rear Springs
    20K Reese Goosebox with B&W 4" Offset Turnover Ball.
    Sold 2016 GD Reflection 303RLS 03/17/2019

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm. Not sure what diamond coat is but it seems it doesn't work. I recommend 303 applied often. And stay out of that FL sun. &#1 28521;
    This...I usually debadge anything rig I own. I like the clean look. The GD decals are well done in my opinion and enhance the look of my coach. And I'll keep em on for a few years, as long as I need it resellable. I'm sure with regular 303 applications, I'll be good with the decals for a long time. I just hope the black cap (2018 303) holds up well.

J&G's 303 suggestion is the one to listen to. I have been doing that for years on my rigs and no problems with decals, black trim or anything. I even use it on the rubber roofs. UV protection is #1 priority for most of this stuff and 303 is easy to reapply often. My wife's Acura looks like brand new, 12 years later...but it's also in the garage...LOL

J&G hit the nail on the head...
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dentil View Post
    Leon,
    I'm not sure if this is a solution or not but I received a whole set of decals from Grand Design for the front of my 2016 Reflection 303. I'm questioning if it is a solution because the old ones still need to come off and the new ones put on. And then, will these do the same thing? I was pleased though that GD customer service did order a whole new front set of decals sent to my door. I saw a video by Jeff Laag of an easy removal using GraphXOff over on the Reflection Facebook group. So the jury is still out regarding if this is a solution or not but I am very pleased as always with GD customer service.
    Dennis
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180504_140337.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	12614
    GD sent me a new decal for the middle-top one that has deteriorated so badly. I think I'm going to remove it first and see how it looks without it and if I don't like how it looks I'll put the new one on. The obvious solution to all this is for GD and other manufacturers to use better quality decals and/or use paint when possible. I realize they use the decals because they're cheap. Just did a 2,500 mile trip to Houston, Austin and parts in between with mine and we saw a lot of GD units in parks and on the road. Two years ago we hardly saw any. Reflections, Solitudes, Imagines and/or Momentums were represented well everywhere we went. Glad they are moving units. We're overall happy with ours and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one even with the decal and the cracking wood in the kitchen area we're dealing with. Of the four different travel trailers we've purchased new only the Jayco was of similar quality and I rate the GD higher.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am considering removing the curbside Reflection and GD decals from my rig. I don’t mind advertising for GD on the front cap and even on the streetside as long as the decals are in good condition. But I’m not sure I want the advertising right in my campsite.

Does anyone have experience removing these decals? Do they peel right off or do you need to apply heat with a heat gun?

Bob
    2014 Ford F-150 Ecoboost / Max Tow / HD Payload
    2018 Reflection 295RL

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My front cap decals are bad on my 2014 and it’s been stored indoors except a couple months per year when camping. I’m curious as to what these decals cost?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarnes4868 View Post
    My front cap decals are bad on my 2014 and it’s been stored indoors except a couple months per year when camping. I’m curious as to what these decals cost?
    Contact GDRV Customer Service directly. Specifically Regional Service Manager David Hilliker [email protected]. Explain your situation and which decals need replacing. Send him pictures. (Just my 2 cents worth )

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345