User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie & Tom View Post
    Paul,

Any advice on taking the doors down? Like you I had a roller come off and end up on the floor in the shower but have yet to locate the screw. I figured I would need to remove the doors to repair it but somewhat reluctant to attempt it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,
    Tom
    Sorry I just saw this Tom but if you just cut the silicone at both ends of the top cap, the entire assembly will just lift off (doors and all). I did it by myself but a second person might help.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Paul. I suspected that was the way it came off but was concerned whether if one person could lift the entire assembly or did I need to recruit some help. I think I will get another pair of hands, I would hate to break a door. Thanks
    Annie & Tom - Sugar Land, TX
    2017 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 F250 King Ranch 4x4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
    Wow guys, my shower doesn't sound anything like what you guys are describing but I got it fixed. My 3 doors hang from the top rails only. I had to cut the silicone around the top rail on both ends to free it then lift the entire assembly including the 3 doors as one unit. Once it was out I was able to slide the head rail off to one end then separate the doors a bit until I could realign the roller, which was floating free in the front door, with the screw in the second door that had come loose. Luckily neither the screw or the roller were damaged. The screw had apparently just come loose. I tightened the other screws, slipped the top rail back on from one end and then lifted the entire assembly back on the sides and I will just reapply some clear silicone when I can pick some up.
    Thanks Poppy! We had exactly the same problem and after tightening the screw in the roller it works. Missed this in our PDI.

The only trick (other than moving the unit around) was needing a thin wrench to hold the nut on the roller.

Now if there was some way to reverse the doors so that the shower head doesn't spray between the doors...

John
    John & Cheryl
    Sold: 2017 Tiffin Allegro 31SA Motorhome
    Sold: 2017 Reflection 337RLS, dual pane windows, 2nd A/C, Go Power! Solar Elite w/2000 watt inverter, Titan electric/hydraulic brakes, Goodyear Endurance ST235/85 R16 tires
    Sold: 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, SRW, Duramax/Allison, 50 gallon Transfer Flow auxiliary tank
    States we have camped in with an RV:

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since everyone tried to help you fix your shower doors and you figured it out, maybe you have time for a bit of a trip report.

Where are you?
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool 2017 Grand Design Momentum Shower Door Jam Is Fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
    Wow guys, my shower doesn't sound anything like what you guys are describing but I got it fixed. My 3 doors hang from the top rails only. I had to cut the silicone around the top rail on both ends to free it then lift the entire assembly including the 3 doors as one unit. Once it was out I was able to slide the head rail off to one end then separate the doors a bit until I could realign the roller, which was floating free in the front door, with the screw in the second door that had come loose. Luckily neither the screw or the roller were damaged. The screw had apparently just come loose. I tightened the other screws, slipped the top rail back on from one end and then lifted the entire assembly back on the sides and I will just reapply some clear silicone when I can pick some up.

I have to admit I was a tad bit pissy when it first broke because I was thinking the worse. I figured I would need to either take it to a dealer (hell no!!!!) or somehow order an entire new shower door assembly.

I love it when I can fix stuff myself

If I couldn't get it fixed I was just going to temporarily get a tension rod and curtain for the remainder of our 5 week trip but no need now.

Anyway. thanks for you replies.

Thank you so much for your experience! We own a 2017 Grand Design Momentum (397TH) and your post was EXACTLY what we needed to resolve our jammed 3-door shower situation.

Because you were kind enough to post, we were able to fix our shower door jam problem in about 20 minutes! YEAH! My husbands strength helped make it easier for me to lift entire door and rail assembly, but other than that...IT WAS A CINCH!

We are grateful we didn't have to have RV Repair out! YES!

Here are the steps we took to resolve shower door jam:

1. Razor blade to cut 2" section of clear silicone at top on each end of rail.
    2. Square bit to unscrew sheet metal screw on each end of top rail.
    3. Husbands strength to lift rail up. My assistance to hold/support doors on rail in center during lift.
    4. Slide top rail completely off.
    5. Gently slide doors to semi-extended position to expose 2 screws sandwiching 2 outside doors to center door.
    6. Use screwdriver to tighten 2 screws (they had worked their way out over one year time period)
    7. Gently push shower doors together like a sandwich.
    8. Put top rail back on doors.
    9. Husband lifted top rail/shower door assembly back on shower frame while I guided doors into appropriate free movement tracks as bottom.
    10. Use screwdriver to secure top rail/door assembly to frame.

SIMPLE! SIMPLE! SIMPLE!

We hope this saves someone else an OUTRAGEOUS RV Repair Expense!

Thank you, again!

Loyd & Denise
    Last edited by loydanddenise; 09-16-2018 at 12:21 PM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those that have the 3 panel sliding doors, there is an end clip in the top rail on the 1st and 3rd panel. Removing the clip/stop will allow each panel to be removed independently then when the top rail is lifted only 1 panel is being lifted with it. 1 panel is a lot lighter than all 3 together!

I had to remove the entire assembly, top and bottom to correct a problem with my unit that had a water leak between the shower and the lavatory cabinet.
    2018 GD Reflections 337RLS, 2021 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC w/auto level dually, TrailAir pinbox, B&W Companion hitch, Fold-A-Cover Tonneau

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My whole door came off the other day, fell inside the shower and poked a hole in the shower pan. I've got to go to Home Depot and get a repair kit like they use on fiberglass tubs. The doors went back together easily.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread68 View Post
    For those that have the 3 panel sliding doors, there is an end clip in the top rail on the 1st and 3rd panel.
    After I fixed the first wheel that fell off I had an end clip pop off while traveling. It was weakened and would not stay on. So I modified the door by placing a bolt through the holes.

Shower Door Retainer Mod
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Worked great for 2019 Solitude 2930

Quote Originally Posted by loydanddenise View Post
    Thank you so much for your experience! We own a 2017 Grand Design Momentum (397TH) and your post was EXACTLY what we needed to resolve our jammed 3-door shower situation.

Because you were kind enough to post, we were able to fix our shower door jam problem in about 20 minutes! YEAH! My husbands strength helped make it easier for me to lift entire door and rail assembly, but other than that...IT WAS A CINCH!

We are grateful we didn't have to have RV Repair out! YES!

Here are the steps we took to resolve shower door jam:

1. Razor blade to cut 2" section of clear silicone at top on each end of rail.
    2. Square bit to unscrew sheet metal screw on each end of top rail.
    3. Husbands strength to lift rail up. My assistance to hold/support doors on rail in center during lift.
    4. Slide top rail completely off.
    5. Gently slide doors to semi-extended position to expose 2 screws sandwiching 2 outside doors to center door.
    6. Use screwdriver to tighten 2 screws (they had worked their way out over one year time period)
    7. Gently push shower doors together like a sandwich.
    8. Put top rail back on doors.
    9. Husband lifted top rail/shower door assembly back on shower frame while I guided doors into appropriate free movement tracks as bottom.
    10. Use screwdriver to secure top rail/door assembly to frame.

SIMPLE! SIMPLE! SIMPLE!

We hope this saves someone else an OUTRAGEOUS RV Repair Expense!

Thank you, again!

Loyd & Denise
    Worked perfectly for our 2019 S-class 2930. In and out in about 45 minutes. OK a little slower than others. Thanks for sharing such detailed instructions.

Gabe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12