User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorvald View Post
    Well Rob, it took trailerblocks a week to answer my email, then they indicated they don't allow local pickup and they only ship from a warehouse. Then I checked the price with expedited shipping and they want $84 extra for express post with Canada post... Who are famous for taking over a week no matter how much you pay. I can't believe they don't offer next day/same day UPS/FedEx/Purolator (In Canada at least).

This ends up being basically $600 for a tandem set of 1" aluminum blocks with U bolts. Something smells fishy here, that is a pretty expensive set of blocks and U bolts but until I do more research I can't be sure. I know the kit to raise from Jayco with Dexter Axles using the Dexter factory kit was only $100 CDN and was able to pick it up. It was actually some pretty impressive powdercoated C channel steel with all hardware to mount and instructions... as well as warrantied by Dexter.

Same kit on eTrailer is $64 USD: https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...71-707-01.html

What is the deal with these blocks that they want do much money for them? I don't mind paying for quality but it if takes them a week to answer if I have any issues, I'm not impressed. I tried calling their phone number but it gives a voicemail stating you have to use the website or email. I suspect this is a "side business" for a retired couple or something.

Oh well, they seem to be the "only" option available.

Thanks
    Tim

EDIT: Yes I must be missing something there, Stengel blocks are $15.20 USD each for 1 inch blocks... Trailerblocks are $152 for a set so $76 per block?

https://www.stengelbros.net/SPA-1-Sp...-_p_17599.html
    Hi Tim - I lost track of this thread, but Jim's post https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...gnment-Problem reminded me.

Your findings about this supplier are definitely discouraging. Not what others have reported at all. I have never purchased from these guys. I was about to, when we were going through alternatives for our 303s, but decided that a spring change was a better plan. I remember feedback from Jim (TucsonJim) and Paul (Poppys 5th Wheel) that these guys were good to deal with. Hmmmm

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorvald View Post
    Thanks Jim, I’m actually looking at the Morryde CRE3000 now as apparently it will add approx 3/4 ride height. However by their fitment guide they need a minimum of 3 inches of tire to floor clearance (which I don’t have) hence the spacer block.

I see that Dexter makes a kit for adding spaces but it adds more than 1 inch, I think it was 2 and change added lift.

Question though:

How come you replaced the springs? Were the originals not rated at 1750? Or was it just easier to get new springs with the 1 inch spacer block?

Cheers
    Tim
    Tim,
    I was looking into upgrading my tires and was taking some measurements since the new tire I was looking at was taller (ST22575R15). In doing this, I had seen my Westlakes had struck the floor. So in short I called Lippert who agreed the springs had yielded where they sent me four springs for free. The one inch blocks were made by a friend and I and were not purchased. I decided to integrate the blocks to the springs with longer center bolts to reduce motion at the axle/spring interface. Since the blocks have a straight through hole in them, it made them easier to produce and the installation was much easier as well. I just returned from a 600 mile round trip and drove through Akron/Canton OH which has some horrible roads and so far the springs are holding up. It may be helpful that the MORryde CRE-2 3000 units are helping to absorb some of the road shock. There is no chance of floor contact with my 4+ inches of clearance (depending on load).
    My springs are the original rated 1750 lb units where at the time Lippert of GD would not authorize a heavier spring. If you have access to a cut off saw and a drill press, you can make the blocks for the cost of the one inch steel stock. The replacement U bolts were $59.00 at a local spring shop and the 3 inch 3/8 center bolts were around $6.00 from etrailer.
    I started another thread "Imagine 2600RB Tire to Floor clearance" which details what I did to straighten out my Imagine. There is a wealth of information on this forum on leaning RVs and Robs experiments in choosing different spring rates based on uneven side to side loading. I worked out a unique low cost solution based on my needs on my 2600RB.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob, I was hoping maybe I hit them while on vacation but the phone message which tells you to email or web contact them instead is very strange.

They also have a strange statement on the "about us" page:

Our team wholeheartedly believes that any business, large or small, cannot thrive if it doesn't improve itself with community feedback. When we associate with a business or make a personal purchase ourselves, we expect that these prospective businesses will be prompt in action and open to honest, constructive criticism. It is our intention to hold ourselves to that same standard. At Trailer Blocks we always communicate promptly. E-mail messages are checked twice weekly and when you e-mail us; a human will provide a personal response to your inquiry.
    Promptly? But only twice a week checked? That is considered prompt? Lol.

---

I guess we'll judge them based on people's purchases here (which appear to be positive) and not on their lack of business acumen or "above and beyond" customer service skills.

Cheers
    Tim
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those having this issue did grand design resolve the problem with tire rubbing and spring failure under warranty? What did they do to fix the issue? Have you had any more issues? I really appreciate any input or advice.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2019 GMC 2500 HD Denali
    2021 Reflection 337RLS / EMS HW50C
    Reece 20K Goosebox
    Solid Step

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coheeba View Post
    Thanks I did read that full post and replied at the end. It’s still not clear to me whether the fix should be the 3 inch axle or heavy duty springs from the manufacturer. One of my last recent posts I noted some feedback I received from GD. Sorry on mobile otherwise I would link that post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im in the same boat with my 2800 BH and i am not convinced that the 3500lb axles are enough for this size of rv. I have got damage to my subfloor on passenger side both axles and have less than 5000 miles on the camper. Not impressed with liperts frame quality either welds look terrible. Wondering if anybody has had any luck getting 3" axles under warranty from Grand Designs. If not I will be totally done with these mass market RV's and will trade off for a Northwoods Arctic Fox.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by z.niederriter View Post
    Im in the same boat with my 2800 BH and i am not convinced that the 3500lb axles are enough for this size of rv. I have got damage to my subfloor on passenger side both axles and have less than 5000 miles on the camper. Not impressed with liperts frame quality either welds look terrible. Wondering if anybody has had any luck getting 3" axles under warranty from Grand Designs. If not I will be totally done with these mass market RV's and will trade off for a Northwoods Arctic Fox.
    What model year is your Imagine 2800 BH? If it has 3,500-lb. axles then I assume it's a 2018 or older since Grand Design changed to 4,400-lb. axles on that model for 2019.

If it's a 2018 or older model year then you might already be past Grand Design's 1 year base warranty period, which was the case for us. Grand Design offered no help at all, but Dexter was helpful and easy to work with. We received a pair of replacement 3,500-lb. axles with 3"-dia. axle tubes (vs. the 2-3/8"-dia. axle tubes on the original axles). Hopefully they will hold up better than the original axles.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...749#post241749
    Joe & Joy + children
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Tremor, 7.3L V8
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000 lb. hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jw^2 family View Post
    What model year is your Imagine 2800 BH? If it has 3,500-lb. axles then I assume it's a 2018 or older since Grand Design changed to 4,400-lb. axles on that model for 2019.

If it's a 2018 or older model year then you might already be past Grand Design's 1 year base warranty period, which was the case for us. Grand Design offered no help at all, but Dexter was helpful and easy to work with. We received a pair of replacement 3,500-lb. axles with 3"-dia. axle tubes (vs. the 2-3/8"-dia. axle tubes on the original axles). Hopefully they will hold up better than the original axles.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...749#post241749
    Ok mine is a 2017 model year unfortunately I have lci 3500 lb axles with 3” tubes grand designs isn’t very helpful with me either this will be my last one from them

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by z.niederriter View Post
    Ok mine is a 2017 model year unfortunately I have lci 3500 lb axles with 3” tubes grand designs isn’t very helpful with me either this will be my last one from them
    You might check your warranty documentation to see what LCI's component warranty is on the axles, and then try contacting LCI directly. I don't remember but I think that Dexter's component warranty for the axles was either 3 or 5 years. If you're still within the LCI warranty period for the axles, maybe they could help you.
    Joe & Joy + children
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Tremor, 7.3L V8
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000 lb. hitch

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast