Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
MidwestCamper, have you checked the weight sheet for your trailer provided by GD? Your kitchen is on the curb side of your rig along with the pantry. I'd guess that side of the trailer is heavier than the other. When you load for camping you probably put little cargo on the street side but most all your food and utensils go to the kitchen area. This may be why you had rubbing on the curb side and not the street side.
Grand Design builds trailers with substantial weight differences from one side to the other. My 315RLTS came from the factory well over 600lbs heavier on the kitchen side. All food, dishes, pots, pans etc. go over there. The trailer rode almost an inch lower on that side when loaded. I haven't weighed everything over there but guess there is easily 200+ lbs over there. That's considerable.
My trailer now has increased rate springs on the heavy side, sits perfectly level and rides better than it did previously. A spring that is sized properly for the weight placed upon it does not ride harder than an overloaded, softer spring.
Rob has done the science on this in one of his many helpful threads.
Chiefblueman,
I wanted to get back with you on the 2600RB weight sheet where the measurements are as follows. The left side weight from grand design is 2470lbs and the right side was weighed at 2558lbs. A 88lb difference with an empty hot water tank. We have since been loading more on the left side such as beverages and any other heavy items to balance the contents of the fridge and cabinets. We keep the Imagine loaded with all the kitchen supplies where all we need to load for a trip is clothes, food and water. It would be reasonable to estimate the Imagine would be up to 250 lbs heavier on the right side.