User Tag List

View Poll Results: Have your axle seals failed?

Voters
351. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, my seals failed and I had grease on the brakes

246 70.09%
  • No, my seals have not failed

48 13.68%
  • I'm not sure

57 16.24%
Page 99 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    I never heard of anybody else getting reimbursed for the full amount of the disc brakes.....they've always just reimbursed those guys what it would cost to go back with drum brakes. I got lucky!
    JC - I think you hit the right LCI guy (or the new LCI guy?) on just the right day .
    I also have never heard of anyone else being reimbursed for the full cost of disc brakes.

In the early days, LCI would reimburse parts and labor only to dealers.
    Then, they modified this to sending replacement parts directly to owners but would not reimburse anything for labor.
    More recently, I have heard that they will reimburse owners up to the replacement cost of new LCI drum brakes (parts only) even if the owner bought something different like disc brakes. This seems pretty reasonable.

Eric - This is the first that I have heard of LCI bringing their required service interval into the discussion. I am not sure how not having the brakes serviced would affect having original grease on the original brakes. This might be worth a challenge. If you have pictures, the original thin production grease is different than any greased used for service.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well one big difference here is the poster stated a ripped seal not a leaking seal. That is a huge difference in my books. LCI’s issue has always been around the seals mysteriously leaking supposedly due to over greased packing. Just my 2 cents.... YMMV
    Last edited by BabyBober; 02-05-2018 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Typo
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just my periodic reminder to the folks with recent greased brake discovery to please file a report with the US NHTSA (if a US resident). It's fast and easy. I wish everyone that has experienced the problem would take the effort to file - even if yours failed long ago. You could be saving someone from a serious crash in the future. Don't assume the dealer will do so. No profit in it for them. Here's the link:
    https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/
    Steve and Cheryl

2017 Momentum 328M w/Dual Pane Windows and 3rd A/C. Aftermarket mods: Titan EOH Disc Brakes, MORryde IS suspension and Reese 5th Airborne Sidewinder pin box
    2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn Megacab 4x4 DRW with 6.7 HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, AISIN trans, 3.73 axles and a Reese 20K puck mount hitch
    Call sign: AAØSB, Class: Extra

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    JC - I think you hit the right LCI guy (or the new LCI guy?) on just the right day .
    I also have never heard of anyone else being reimbursed for the full cost of disc brakes.

In the early days, LCI would reimburse parts and labor only to dealers.
    Then, they modified this to sending replacement parts directly to owners but would not reimburse anything for labor.
    More recently, I have heard that they will reimburse owners up to the replacement cost of new LCI drum brakes (parts only) even if the owner bought something different like disc brakes. This seems pretty reasonable.

Eric - This is the first that I have heard of LCI bringing their required service interval into the discussion. I am not sure how not having the brakes serviced would affect having original grease on the original brakes. This might be worth a challenge. If you have pictures, the original thin production grease is different than any greased used for service.

Rob
    s

Rob, the first thing they asked me was if I had them serviced. I was three months out of warranty and our unit had been sitting for the past four months. At first they said I was out of luck because it was over a year but eventually they came across with parts but wouldn't cover labour. This was in the fall of 2015.

No one has told me the point of eze lube axles if you still have to manually service the bearings every twelve months. Just marketing BS I guess that can put you into a position to have warranty refused.

Moral. Check them brakes before your warranty is up.
    Nick and Nancy
    Abbotsford BC
    2011 Ram 3500
    2015 Reflection 303RLs

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. They never mentioned anything to me about servicing them. I don't believe Lippert wants this issue going to NHTSA (National Traffic Safety Administration). Due to the known history and track record, I'm sure they'd be forced to do a recall and have to pay a fine for having knowledge of this issue and not having done a voluntary recall. I mean you asking for nothing more than for them to make a bad situation right....nothing more.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well..., my service department just called and told me my seals were bad and needed to be replaced. Over $1K for all 4. My rig is a 2017 311BHS and I've owned it for over a year, but it only has 3442 miles on it. Do I have a chance of getting re-imbursed by Lippert?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mike & Linda W.
    2017 GD Reflection 311BHS
    SW Michigan

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeW1 View Post
    Well..., my service department just called and told me my seals were bad and needed to be replaced. Over $1K for all 4. My rig is a 2017 311BHS and I've owned it for over a year, but it only has 3442 miles on it. Do I have a chance of getting re-imbursed by Lippert?
    If I were you I’d have disc brakes installed. Mine cost $2000 installed. The difference in ability to stop is amazing. I bought complete kit from www.stopyourtrailer.com for about $1400 and labor was $600 from local trailer shop.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeW1 View Post
    Your dealer is taking you for a ride. Thst entire job has no more than $200 in parts and 2 hrs. Labor tops. You can easily do it your self. Lots of youtube videos to walk you thru it.
    Lippert may pay for it. Call them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just called my sales rep. He is going to see what he can do with Grand Design and/or Lippert. I'm not very mechanically inclined and would be worried about voiding any warrantee if something else would happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mike & Linda W.
    2017 GD Reflection 311BHS
    SW Michigan

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with getting the disc brakes done. Best move I made. Also, reach out to Mrs. Emily Stahley at Lippert. She was extremely helpful with getting me reimbursed.

Emily Stahley
    Customer Relations
    w: 574-537-8900 | f: 574-534-7161
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Page 99 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast