Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Pet Restrictions

CyndiTad,

Unfortunate that you shut that down. It was an honest and respectful discussion. What this forum is known for.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree Rob, it was a civil conversation. We avoid parks that we can't take our dogs to camp with us. We have run into one in FL that had an additional fee for a 2nd dog and no more than 2 under 25lbs. People tend get emotional when it comes to dogs and kids on forums.
    I remeber years ago on a forum I turned into a horrible baby hater becaused I complained about a baby that wailed literally all day into the evening, and made a comment that the parents should have cut the trip short and taken a baby that unhappy/uncomfortable home.

Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    I agree Rob, it was a civil conversation. We avoid parks that we can't take our dogs to camp with us. We have run into one in FL that had an additional fee for a 2nd dog and no more than 2 under 25lbs. People tend get emotional when it comes to dogs and kids on forums.
    I remeber years ago on a forum I turned into a horrible baby hater becaused I complained about a baby that wailed literally all day into the evening, and made a comment that the parents should have cut the trip short and taken a baby that unhappy/uncomfortable home.

no harm intended Was a good discussion giving both sides of the story Taking a discussion down because you don't agree with other peoples views and opinion pretty much sums it up

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cindi had the right to remove her thread . In a way I understand why, The conversation did take a wide left , then a wide right turn from the question asked.

It can always be continued here
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've noticed conversations about pets has become much more volatile as views on pets has changed significantly over the years. I will say the thread that was removed was probably the most civil I've seen on the subject in a public forum in a long time. I think I have the best of both worlds. I get to play with my friends/neighbors pets and they get to take care of them and clean up after them. It's a sweet deal!
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to have a neighbor or 3 willing to come over and play with ours. Being a herding/working breed he has endless energy, at almost 9 yrs old he is just barely starting to slow down. Thats why and how we had 2 Aussies, he needed a playmate besides us. Now that she is gone we are back to being his 24/7 playmates. The little guy just cant keep up , but he tries lol.
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't take it down because of a difference of opinion or the discussion that was occurring. However there was a line that was crossed for me in one specific post. A civil discussion is one thing but when it turns threatening and has the potential to elicit more of the same I draw the line on a post that was intended as nothing more than clarification on pets.
    As WhittleBurner says it can always continue here.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had no problem with you removing the post Cyndi. As I said, threads about pets can spiral out of control really fast now days. My overall observation about pets in general is they are being allowed in far more places now than in years past. I think businesses and RV parks in particular will need to expand their acceptance of pets or they will lose their competitive edge.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    I had no problem with you removing the post Cyndi. As I said, threads about pets can spiral out of control really fast now days. My overall observation about pets in general is they are being allowed in far more places now than in years past. I think businesses and RV parks in particular will need to expand their acceptance of pets or they will lose their competitive edge.
    Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RV parks I have stayed in have allowed our small dogs in for a small fee. A lot of them do have size or breed restrictions and the point of my post was to agree with their right to do so.
    2019 GMC 3500 HD:)
    2016 Reflection 313RLTS:cool:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast