User Tag List

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2017 pickup came prewired for the data cable under the bed with the pigtail adjacent to where the trailer connector is on the rear bumper. The kit comes with a replacement connector that is inserted in the bumper where the original connector was. It has a data connector into which the harness from the trailer is plugged. I don't think you can move this connector (easily).

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two thoughts after looking over the Ford Truck Enthusiasts web site, and they still don't have a definitive answer on the TPMS and radial tires.
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/pr...&pmid=10179094
    Here's the thread talking about the TPMS
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/14...nd-tpms-4.html
    If you want to save some reading, here's the Reader's Digest version.
    BLUF (Bottom Line Up Front): They still haven't figured it out
    1. They suggested using a loop from the 5er to the cable so that it runs directly from the undercarriage to the hitch
    2. They still don't have an answer for radial tires = not sure if they will or won't work. The F350's tires are radials (Michelin LTX M/S2), with aluminum rims and they have TPMS inside and work so....
    3. No one has located an extension for the cable as of yet.
    4. No one has found a way to keep the camera on while driving vs. only on when backing up.
    5. A suggestion was made to mount the camera on the bumper instead on high center of the 5er. This decreases the length of cable needed.
    Pete & Carla Nelson
    2017 F-350, diesel, DRW, Lariat, 8' bed, Ford's TPMS, Furrion camera, Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover
    2017 Solitude 384GK, with dual pane windows, slide toppers, gen ready, heat pump.
    Added items: WiFiRanger EliteAC (external antenna), WiFiRanger GoAC (Router),
    Trailer Saver BD3 w/underbed adapter, Cheapheat system, Fantastic fan (bathroom), 50 Amp Hughes Auto Former w/surge protection, 5th wheel skirting.
    MoRryde independent suspension, 8k axle, disc breaks, Sailun S637 tires

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have ordered this same kit. My dealer told me it is a dealer install and I have an appointment for them to do this on 1/19/2017 @8:00AM. I will let you know the outcome as soon as possible. It seems they have to remove the tires for the TPMS. They also said they would have check the instructions about installing and running the cable for the camera. The kit had just came in and they didn't get to look at it in depth. My understanding is that installation is part of the cost. I also read, I think on a ford forum of some sort, that a member there said his was installed by the dealer at no additional cost to him.
    I'm also having toppers installed by my GD dealer and the installation is part of the cost quoted. I'll give updates as I get them..

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to seeing how it works out. I got the dealership to throw in the install as part of the purchase of my new truck. My Solitude 384GK isn't scheduled for it's build until the end of Jan/early Feb. I'll be especially interested to see how they run the camera wiring. You didn't mention what kind of GD you've got so your length might not be an issue. With my 40' 7" Solitude, I'm wondering if the cabling will even reach the truck. It states in the literature is for trailers up to 32' in length.
    Hope all goes well with your install.
    Pete & Carla Nelson
    2017 F-350, diesel, DRW, Lariat, 8' bed, Ford's TPMS, Furrion camera, Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover
    2017 Solitude 384GK, with dual pane windows, slide toppers, gen ready, heat pump.
    Trailer Saver BD3 w/underbed adapter, Cheapheat system, Fantastic fan (bathroom), 50 Amp Hughes Auto Former w/surge protection, 5th wheel skirting.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a 2016 Reflection 337RLS. It is 35ft 6in long. When I ordered the kit they(parts man) ask me the length so I'm guessing they think it will fit. At any rate I'll know more on Thursday.
    Thanks, I hope so as well.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the TPMS and Ford Backup camera are installed. While yes the instructions say dealer installed but at my cost. As mine is a 337RLS and has the rear window I had the camera installed below the window. It works great for me. The installer was going to install the camera in the pre installed mount and run the cable over the roof for some dumb reason. I asked how he intended to secure the cable and he said oh. The work was done outside so i stayed with it the entire time after that comment. I told him I wanted to run the cable straight down and between the hitch and under the RV on the drivers side. This cable he said is about 40 ft long.The cable from the truck was pretty long, so with a longer RV and that cable one should have no problem installing on a longer RV. I had the tech drill a 3/4 inch hole inside the front compartment on the floor and run both cables through that. I'll need to get another grommet as the one that came with it was now to small. No big deal. The tech had to remove and beak the tires down to install the TPMS. The pair then pair them with the truck. I did find out the my 2017 F350 show the actual tire pressure. My buddies has a 2016 F250 and his doesn't. At any rate everything is woking fine and although somewhat expensive I don't have different monitors on the dash. Not a big thing for me but the little Lady on the other hand... And it is her truck so what she wants she gets. She has a plate on the front of her truck that say "I want everything" "Is that a problem.
    I hope this helps.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the update, and yes this helps a lot. It's good to hear that all worked as advertised. I'm considering mounting the camera on the bumper instead of high on the back of the Solitude. It only works when backing up so lower may work just as well as higher up. I also plan on installing the wire runs myself, that way I know where they go, and no damage is done or I do the damage myself :-(
    If I decide to put it high up, I'll be looking for a way to run the cable inside the cabinet, and then down the wall, through the floor and then under the 5er. If that doesn't work I also saw one install where he ran the cable down the latter. Once I get the 5er (this Saturday :-)) I'll take a close look and make a decision. I'll be sure to post pictures when its all done in case others are interested.

BTW, how does it hook up to your truck? What I'm interested in is how you prevent the cable from dragging on the ground because the way it's designed is it has to hook up to the receiver on the back of the truck, not the one in the bed of the truck.

The dealership I bought my truck from threw in the installation (I've got an IOU from them) to close the deal on the truck, so I've got that part covered.

Thanks again for the update.
    Pete & Carla Nelson

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What happens is there is a cable with plug that is stored above the spare tire. It is installed in place of the 5 pin connector normally used for utility trailers and such. You receive an adapter to plug into the new connector should you need to connect a utility trailer. The 2nd cable is actually the interface cable that connects to the new connector and the camera cable. As I said before I had them drill a hole in the floor far right as you are facing the door. Both cables feed up thru that hole. I am going to install hook on the RV to keep the cable from dragging. You also receive with your kit a dummy plug/connector to install on your RV that you can plug the truck cable into when you are disconnected from the TV. I will probably place the hook on one of the mounting screws for the cable so it doesn't drag while pulling the RV.
    I hope this helps. If you haven questions I will do my best to answer it/them.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, that helps. I won't know exactly how I'll run mine until I get the 5er in the yard. What I'm hoping is I can run the cable into the front compartment, and then up in to the ceiling and have it come out where the 5er cable is stored. If I've got enough cable length, dropping it down from above and keeping it short would eliminate it dragging on the ground. I'll just have to see what I can figure out once I get the 5er next weekend. Appreciate your insight, and REALLY good to know the TPMS worked without any issues.
    Pete & Carla Nelson

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy to help. Keep me updated if you don't mind. And good luck on the cable run.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast