User Tag List

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the link on Ford Truck Enthusiast where someone mounted one. http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1453213-trailer-camera-and-tpms-kit-2.htm I purchased just the backup camera and my wiring harness, is just 35 ft I think. My 384GK-R is 40 1/2'. I need to either cut the harness and add wire or find a longer harness. Has anyone tried pulling the harness wires through where the existing wires on the back of the the wheel where the Furrion cover is at. I was think you could cut the connector with about 4" of wire showing, remove the Nylon Wire Loom, pull the wires through to the front compartment and solider the connector back to the wires. The wires are fairly small. It would look a lot better than trying to run the harness up a ladder. I may try this.

Edited to add: If you ask me Ford screwed up on the camera system when it comes to the trailer camera. I wish they had the option to add a Wireless system... WiFi or Blue tooth and wired. To sell the camera only system $350 with such a short harness when the camera/TPMS system has a long harness was note well thought out. I don't remember seeing or reading that the camera only was for a short pull behind trailer and not a 5th wheel, since they are the same camera.
    Gary & Mina - Pensacola/Milton, Florida
    2017 GD Solitude 384GK-R, Bamboo, Beige Furniture, Slide Toppers, Gen Prep. Built 12-19-Home 12-26

2017 F 350, Bronze Fire, King Ranch, Dually, Chrome Package, Quad LED Lamps, Adaptive Cruise/CLSN WRN, Adaptive Stirring/Lane Alert,
    BLIS System, Tow Tech Bundle, Power Steps, Dual Alt's, 3.55 Limited Slip, B&W 3300 Companion 5th Wheel Hitch
    [SIGPIC]http://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6069&dateline=1482812 176[/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just thinking, which can be scary in itself...Instead of of running the harness along the bottom of the frame from the front from the of the RV on the driver side, run the harness along the bottom of the frame to the rear slide out and see if there is a way to come into the top of the slide and into the top of the cabinet behind the lights and run it to the back of the 5th wheel where the Furrion cover is at. Here is a picture that someone posted where he remove the lights in the cabinet, to the wires where the Furrion wiring is connected...Link http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...+camera+wiring. I am just trying to think of a way to run the wires without having the harness being seen. I haven't run min yet, so I may spend some time this week taking a look at it.
    2017 GD Solitude 384GK-R, Bamboo, Beige Furniture, Slide Toppers, Gen Prep. Built 12-19-Home 12-26

2017 F 350, Bronze Fire, King Ranch, Dually, Chrome Package, Quad LED Lamps, Adaptive Cruise/CLSN WRN, Adaptive Stirring/Lane Alert,
    BLIS System, Tow Tech Bundle, Power Steps, Dual Alt's, 3.55 Limited Slip, B&W 3300 Companion 5th Wheel Hitch
    [SIGPIC]http://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6069&dateline=1482812 176[/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad you doing the brain work on this. I've the TPMS and camera package to figure out. Like you I'm not sold on the down the ladder idea. I was also thinking of mounting the camera to the bumper instead of where the furion camera would go. It's only visible when backing up, so down on the bumper would still provide a good field of view when backing, and in your case without the TPMS, the cable would reach further not needing to traverse the vertical path upward. I'm waiting till the weather warms up a bit before tackling mine, just too cold 30 today, 25 yesterday to be outside running wires.
    Oh, yea, on another note (and I'll take pics for everyone to learn from my oops). I moved my Solitude off of the drive way yesterday (just got it Saturday), to make more room for turning the truck to park it in my garage (and yes it fits with room to spare = walk around the front of it to get in). Well, it got stuck in the yard = all four wheels on the truck spinning. Getting stuck wasn't a big deal, it's well out of the way, just not back as far as I wanted it. What happened though is in trying to get the truck unstuck, I forgot to unplug the wiring harness and ripped it out of the truck bed, and pulled the junction box off of the Solitude. Doesn't look like I hurt anything, other than the plastic casing on the truck harness. The electrical box on the Solitude was pulled off of its mounting but all else looks ok. I'll know more when I get to looking it over better.
    Well, the screw up gave me an idea. I'm seeing as how I need to purchase a new plastic mount for the cable in the truck, I'm going to look into getting a mount that would hold the 11 pin adapter so that I can plug the TPMS and camera into the bed, instead of on the tow bar hitch. Not sure if the wires harness will reach from under the truck to the side of the bed, but I can at least take a look. If I can get it to reach, I'll see about getting a 3D printer to print up a connecter like that used on the hitch to fit both on the inside of the truck. I'm not in any big hurry. I'll look at the harness this weekend ... if not too cold and see if its possible. BTW, I was showing my 29 year old son how to hitch up the 5er, guess we both won't forget that lesson
    Pete & Carla Nelson
    2017 F-350, diesel, DRW, Lariat, 8' bed, Ford's TPMS, Furrion camera, Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover
    2017 Solitude 384GK, with dual pane windows, slide toppers, gen ready, heat pump.
    Added items: WiFiRanger EliteAC (external antenna), WiFiRanger GoAC (Router),
    Trailer Saver BD3 w/underbed adapter, Cheapheat system, Fantastic fan (bathroom), 50 Amp Hughes Auto Former w/surge protection, 5th wheel skirting.
    MoRryde independent suspension, 8k axle, disc breaks, Sailun S637 tires

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2017 ford 5 wheel TPMS 12 pin for camera package that ford does not sell or make for 5 wheel set up we have new harness extender and a split harness that supplies bumper and 5 wheel set up for the 12 pin hook upClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0794.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	6711Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0817.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	6712
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0796.jpg  

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bnichol08 View Post
    2017 ford 5 wheel TPMS 12 pin for camera package that ford does not sell or make for 5 wheel set up we have new harness extender and a split harness that supplies bumper and 5 wheel set up for the 12 pin hook upClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0794.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	6711Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0817.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	6712
    This is exactly what I'm looking for, where did you find it at? Please send the URL.
    Pete & Carla Nelson
    2017 F-350, diesel, DRW, Lariat, 8' bed, Ford's TPMS, Furrion camera, Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover
    2017 Solitude 384GK, with dual pane windows, slide toppers, gen ready, heat pump.
    Added items: WiFiRanger EliteAC (external antenna), WiFiRanger GoAC (Router),
    Trailer Saver BD3 w/underbed adapter, Cheapheat system, Fantastic fan (bathroom), 50 Amp Hughes Auto Former w/surge protection, 5th wheel skirting.
    MoRryde independent suspension, 8k axle, disc breaks, Sailun S637 tires

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by COLRetired View Post
    This is exactly what I'm looking for, where did you find it at? Please send the URL.
    Pete, I think it is a company that is making them, one at a time. I'll try and find the link for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2017 Ford F350 Dually with 2017 Momemtum 395M - Ordered the back-up camera from Ford with TPMS (4 sensors). DID NOT FIT THE HOLE SIZE OF THE TRAILER RIMS. I had my truck in the dealership for a week and they could NOT figure it out! I did keep the Ford TPMS with Back-up camera and will install on an enclosed trailer I plan on purchasing. Those will be on a steel rims (not aluminum) and should fit just fine. I YouTubed a video and it showed a great example how to install... I agree it should be on a pull behind installation NOT A FIFTH WHEEL. The wire to hook up the system comes from the truck tucked up underneath the spare tire. The dealer hooked up the wrong wires and my electric tail gate quit working! Last note: My momemtum came with the back-up wireless camera "works great"! My wife calls me on my cell phone (hands free in the truck) while we are backing up that Monster 44 footer into my storage area. Works great!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2017 super duty 12 pin harness

Quote Originally Posted by COLRetired View Post
    Sorry guys on the slow response back. We are in the process of creating a web site all of the harnesses are soldered at splices and are very well built by hand to order. They all come with 12 wires not just the 6 that ford is only using in the TPMS and camera. We are doing the 12 wire in the harness so you can use the other 6 wires for aux stuff. The brackets we are making is almost an exact fit but do have to do some easy modifications to truck bed, we will have exact instructions on this as well that will come with the purchase.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Youtube video Ford TPMS install

Quote Originally Posted by Bnichol08 View Post
    Sorry guys on the slow response back. We are in the process of creating a web site all of the harnesses are soldered at splices and are very well built by hand to order. They all come with 12 wires not just the 6 that ford is only using in the TPMS and camera. We are doing the 12 wire in the harness so you can use the other 6 wires for aux stuff. The brackets we are making is almost an exact fit but do have to do some easy modifications to truck bed, we will have exact instructions on this as well that will come with the purchase.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWu9MICBt38

I think if you copy and paste the above link it will show you the Youtube video.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    U can install on aluminum rims I have done 3 trailers with 8 lug to 6 lug with TPMS sensors some shops don't no what there doing they have 2 different rubber for the valve stem to fit .453 or .625

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast