User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Camera Installation Suggestions on 348M Toy Hauler

I recently purchased a 2015 Momentum 348M toy hauler. Per standard equipment from the factory, the electrical power cable and camera bracket were installed. Subsequently, I purchased the recommended Furrion wireless camera which worked great from the start. The issue, however, is that the camera remains powered constantly. Even after disconnecting the tow vehicle (and rendering the running lights non-powered) from the trailer, the camera remains electrically "hot". I've pulled all the fuses in the electrical panel with no effect. It appears that the only solution is disconnection of the battery at the battery terminal. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this? Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamfid View Post
    I recently purchased a 2015 Momentum 348M toy hauler. Per standard equipment from the factory, the electrical power cable and camera bracket were installed. Subsequently, I purchased the recommended Furrion wireless camera which worked great from the start. The issue, however, is that the camera remains powered constantly. Even after disconnecting the tow vehicle (and rendering the running lights non-powered) from the trailer, the camera remains electrically "hot". I've pulled all the fuses in the electrical panel with no effect. It appears that the only solution is disconnection of the battery at the battery terminal. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this? Thanks!
    I wound up rewiring camera to clearance lights. There has been a lot of discussion about backup camera
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some folks including myself, installed a switch in the front compartment (this is where the wiring runs to the power from the camera connection), just turn it off when you are not traveling. Works great!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've spent quite a bit of time on my 2017 397TH trying to solve this problem I finally started pulling fuses and found out it is wired with the MaxxAir's on the #7 fuse. Pulled the shroud in the rear shower with not luck finding it there. Then thought about since I have the 3rd ac, that's where they tied into what would have been a MaxxAir fan if not for the ac. Problem is after pulling covers for ac, you can't see past it for any other wires. So, for the winter, I just left the fuse out. When it warms up, I'm going to tackle it again by pulling camera off to get to the wire and see if I can somehow make an access hole on the inside to tap in and run a wire to install a switch near the back wall.
    Its been interesting to follow all the threads on this subject and see how some were lucky with an easy solution and others not so lucky. Maybe GD will get on board at least with new models and address this problem!!!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OurRam397,
    I have a 2017 350M with the same setup as you. I have the 3rd AC and found out by pulling fuses mine is also connected to the MaxxAir circuit. It was to hot out there tonight so I am going to full with it more tomorrow morning to try and find an easy fix for us. It is really crazy all the different stories of how these cameras are wired from the factory. Some to the MaxxAir fans and some to the running lights and then some even go all the way to the front of the camper and get power there. I will update what I did if I find something easy in the morning.
    2017 Momentum 350M
    2017 Ram 3500 4X4 Megacab DRW CTD Aisin with B&W companion hitch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roady1, there's a post and not sure where that I finally solved this for myself. I removed the speaker in the ceiling close to the entry door in the garage and found the power lines that run back there. I spliced in and drilled hole in ceiling inside upper cabinet by door to drop wires down then installed switch in side of cabinet above door. Only draw back is this line also feeds the motion light in garage on opposite wall. Not a problem for me since there are so many ceiling lights anyway.
    Good luck!! Might give this a try.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks I will check that out. The 350M doesnt have any overhead cabinets but I had thought about taking out that speaker. My other option would be to tie it into the running lights. That should be easy enough since the camera is just above the center marker light.
    2017 Momentum 350M
    2017 Ram 3500 4X4 Megacab DRW CTD Aisin with B&W companion hitch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamfid View Post
    On the 2015 348 the wire probably goes to the front compartment. Look behind the black plastic cover to the left ish inside the compartment on the back wall. The wire with the fuse inside the cover should be it.

On mine I took that wire and connected it to the running lights wire in the harness that runs next to that junction.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am having the dealership install the camera. My TV is a 2017 f350 DRW that says it is prewired for RV backup camera. Will it be switchable with the toggles in the cab?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My brother looked into the Ford setup for his new 2017 F-350, and was told you have to use the Ford camera for it to work. He ended up going with the Furion Observation Camera. He didn't want to have to run a wire from truck to back of trailer.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE