Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Rear View Safety camera installation on Furrion mount

Purchased the RVS-27W from Rear View Safety. RVS told me that they do not offer an adapter for the pre-wired Furrion mount.

Can anyone share how you have done this? How did you mount (directly to the trailer, to the Furrion mount plate, adapter plate, other)? And how did you make a waterproof power connection (camera has a twist-lock 2.1mm X 5.5mm barrel DC power connector)?

I have a 2017 Imagine 2600RB. The power wire comes out of the trailer from approximately 1/2" drilled hole, angled up at about 45 degrees.

Pics would be helpful if you have them.

Thanks,
    David
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2002 Toyota Tundra SR5 4.7L V8
    CURT 14,000 lb. Round Bar WDH/sway bar
    Air Lift RideCONTROL air springs

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a look HERE. There is such a bracket for $20. Note the RVS camera you got is excellent! The display is such a big step up from the 4ucam ones. Happy New Year, Tom

Quote Originally Posted by David Brock View Post
    Purchased the RVS-27W from Rear View Safety. RVS told me that they do not offer an adapter for the pre-wired Furrion mount.

Can anyone share how you have done this? How did you mount (directly to the trailer, to the Furrion mount plate, adapter plate, other)? And how did you make a waterproof power connection (camera has a twist-lock 2.1mm X 5.5mm barrel DC power connector)?

I have a 2017 Imagine 2600RB. The power wire comes out of the trailer from approximately 1/2" drilled hole, angled up at about 45 degrees.

Pics would be helpful if you have them.

Thanks,
    David
    2024 Brinkley z2900
    2019 F350 Platinum, Shorter bed, Diesel, SRW, 3.55 rear, 55gal tank!
    2016 F150 Platinum (traded in for F350 fall 2019)
    2022 GD 2970RL (Sold, 2023-Oct)
    2016 GD 2600rb (Sold. 2022-May)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tom,

Actually, I did purchase that mounting bracket. I figure that I will need to drill new holes that align with the curved slots in RVS bracket, and use my own hardware to attach.

The trickier part by going this route getting a waterproof power connection, since this means getting rid of the Furrion mount/junction box. At this point I am considering cutting the RVS connector off of the camera and soldering wires directly to the trailer, and then hopefully I can push the wires back into the hole in the trailer (but hole is pretty small, as I stated). My other concern is that cutting the connector might void the camera warranty; I may need to validate with RVS before doing so.

I have already installed the RVS license plate backup camera on my '02 Tundra and displaying (also wirelessly) on the RVS-27W monitor. Loving it so far...

Happy New Year to you,
    David
    2017 Imagine 2600RB

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems some folks are finding the hot wire, used for Furion camera, is a constant hot. NOT from the truck but the trailer battery. They are fishing this wire into bathroom cabinet and putting a toggle switch there. I don't have the 2600 yet (pickup this week) so don't really know if this applies to either of us. Check this first. In my prior trailer, I preferred the hard wired camera. It was rock solid picture quality, never a flicker. YES, it takes an extra few seconds to connect the extra hitch cable and no fun running wire under trailer.

About cutting connector off; I would do so and plan to do same for mine. On my prior trailer I did this as I believed once you get inside the trailer wall its a "dry" area by design. I used a lot of clear caulk on mine behind the bracket, in hole, in screw holes etc. Its hard to imagine water getting past. I did put extra caulk along bottom of bracket as I think the pressure washer would test that caulk.

Please share your findings; good luck, Tom

Quote Originally Posted by David Brock View Post
    Tom,

Actually, I did purchase that mounting bracket. I figure that I will need to drill new holes that align with the curved slots in RVS bracket, and use my own hardware to attach.

The trickier part by going this route getting a waterproof power connection, since this means getting rid of the Furrion mount/junction box. At this point I am considering cutting the RVS connector off of the camera and soldering wires directly to the trailer, and then hopefully I can push the wires back into the hole in the trailer (but hole is pretty small, as I stated). My other concern is that cutting the connector might void the camera warranty; I may need to validate with RVS before doing so.

I have already installed the RVS license plate backup camera on my '02 Tundra and displaying (also wirelessly) on the RVS-27W monitor. Loving it so far...

Happy New Year to you,
    David
    2024 Brinkley z2900

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed a Tadi Brothers camera on my trailer. I used their bracket screwed to the Furion mount cover. I didn't bother changing wire and camera burned out. I purchased a Furion rear observation camera. I pulled the wire up through the opening for center clearance light and spliced feed into it. When I turn clearance lights off camera is off
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wudwork View Post
    Seems some folks are finding the hot wire, used for Furion camera, is a constant hot. NOT from the truck but the trailer battery. They are fishing this wire into bathroom cabinet and putting a toggle switch there. I don't have the 2600 yet (pickup this week) so don't really know if this applies to either of us. Check this first. In my prior trailer, I preferred the hard wired camera. It was rock solid picture quality, never a flicker. YES, it takes an extra few seconds to connect the extra hitch cable and no fun running wire under trailer.

About cutting connector off; I would do so and plan to do same for mine. On my prior trailer I did this as I believed once you get inside the trailer wall its a "dry" area by design. I used a lot of clear caulk on mine behind the bracket, in hole, in screw holes etc. Its hard to imagine water getting past. I did put extra caulk along bottom of bracket as I think the pressure washer would test that caulk.

Please share your findings; good luck, Tom
    First of all congrats on your 2600RB!!! We have ours winterized in storage, with battery removed, so I can't currently easily check where the camera power is being sourced from. I believe that our TT is an Oct 2016 build, if that matters. I have to take it into the dealer on Jan 11 to look at a couple of entry door issues, so I'll probably take a look at it then. If you find out anything before then, please post an update.

David
    2017 Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LCBoyer View Post
    I installed a Tadi Brothers camera on my trailer. I used their bracket screwed to the Furion mount cover. I didn't bother changing wire and camera burned out. I purchased a Furion rear observation camera. I pulled the wire up through the opening for center clearance light and spliced feed into it. When I turn clearance lights off camera is off

I may first try screwing to the Furrion mount cover, as I like the idea of having a plug in the junction box, in case I ever have a need to temporarily remove the camera. If this doesn't work, I'll fall back to flush mounting using the 4UCAM mount adapter and hard-wiring.
    2017 Imagine 2600RB

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please share details of entry door issues. I want to verify this for myself at PDI. Thanx.
    2024 Brinkley z2900

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wudwork View Post
    Please share details of entry door issues. I want to verify this for myself at PDI. Thanx.
    Tom, please see my thread here:

http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...or-latch-issue
    2017 Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tom.

After bringing my trailer home from the dealer for warranty service, I confirmed with a voltmeter that the power to the camera is indeed hot all the time. Now to decide whether to splice into the center clearance light, or attempt to mount a switch. Argh, why couldn't GD have wired this as advertised?

David
    2017 Imagine 2600RB

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast