User Tag List

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed&joyce View Post
    Hi folks, I posted before about The villages and how much we like it there. As I said in my prior post we will be there opening week this year. (usually mid april, but that all depends on how late it snows in March or April!) Is there any information I could get that would help in planning this GD get together, be glad to report back early in the season. We are from the Albany area and in the past had a class A that we would park there for a month and travel back and forth on weekends or mid week when we could, never did get into towing a car, so looking forward to the 5th wheel. July dates work for us but just a slight word of caution, like most places weekends in the summer are very busy, and they fill up fast. Our brand new Reflection 29RS is sitting next to our house with a fresh coat of snow, hopefully we get it all now so we can have an early start in the spring. Ed
    Hi Ed,

We are just a few miles north of you in Saratoga county. You are correct on the snow. We always try to camp as early and late as we can, but if the snow piles are too big, I can't get the fiver out of my driveway. The other factor is salt on the roads, once they lay the salt down, the season is over. I do not want my truck and fiver covered in salt brine. I cannot afford a new diesel truck, so I have to take care of the one I have.

We actually love to go up to Moreau State Park over Thanksgiving and smoke a turkey dinner with all the fixins. Had reservations for next week. Well, today killed that as one inch of snow iced over the roads and the road salt went down. Tomorrow/Friday they say we are going to get 8 to 12 inches snow, even more salt. So today we threw in the towel and winterized. So the season is over.

See you in the Spring!

DAN

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi folks, I posted before about The villages and how much we like it there. As I said in my prior post we will be there opening week this year. (usually mid april, but that all depends on how late it snows in March or April!) Is there any information I could get that would help in planning this GD get together, be glad to report back early in the season. We are from the Albany area and in the past had a class A that we would park there for a month and travel back and forth on weekends or mid week when we could, never did get into towing a car, so looking forward to the 5th wheel. July dates work for us but just a slight word of caution, like most places weekends in the summer are very busy, and they fill up fast. Our brand new Reflection 29RS is sitting next to our house with a fresh coat of snow, hopefully we get it all now so we can have an early start in the spring. Ed
    Thanks, Ed.
    It seems now that we have interest in July, at Turning Stone, and just in case you missed it in these many pages of posts, TS begins taking reservations on January 2, 2019. So far, it looks like 7 couples have expressed solid interest in joining in. On the phone, the person taking calls stated that IN FUTURE, they are not booking longer rigs into BACK IN sites. Apparently, this past year, they sustained too much damage to the grass. I’m thinking that I would call on January 2, and reserve a spot in “Poplar” or “River Birch” villages, as these have the greatest number of pull through sites.

I’m also thinking once a few of us have solid reservations, others may join in.
    If the group gets too big for an in-campsite campfire, the pavilion is there for everyone’s use (they don’t do reservations for its use).

Just need to nail down the date between July 12 or July 19 (and everyone can add days to their reservations as desired).
    Nancy
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Nancy for all your efforts in getting this up and running.
    Houndbb (Nancy ) posted a picture (insert) of Turning Stone Campground. It's on page 3 post 21.
    Carol and I can do either of the 2 weekends. Which ever the group decide.
    Thanks for all your time and efforts.
    John and Carol Joscelyne
    Last edited by Joscelyne3; 11-15-2018 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Proper credit for the post
    John & Carol Joscelyne and Hexy
    Red 2014 Ford F-350 Platinum, SRW, CC, Short bed with roll-N-lock cover.
    With replacement 50 gallon TransferFlow fuel tank, Magnaflow air intake, Edge CT turner.
    Pullrite superglide fifth wheel hitch.
    2015 Grand Design 305RE Solitude, with slide out toppers, <new>Titan disc brakes and Goodyear "G" rated tires.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NY GATHERING!! PLEASE INDICATE DATE PREFERENCE!

John, Eric, and I have been communicating on this and we just want to consider everyone’s preference for the two July dates for weekend gathering: July 12th or July 19th.

Of course, you are not limited to just the weekend, so come early, stay longer as you desire.

Also, John discovered yesterday that there is an actual rally advertised on the GDRV site. Announced as “Western/Central New York” Rally, it is scheduled for September 27-29, 2019. Registration is closed, as they’re at capacity, most likely due to the fact that the CG is so small. Canandaigua/Rochester KOA in Farmington, NY. There’s a name and phone # to call for info, and I’m thinking maybe I could call and let them know we are meeting at Turning Stone, and invite them to join us. They might give ideas for future actual rally planning. And, if nothing else, I’d like to find out what they have planned, other than the stated “GD Representative attending” (definitely singular as article “a” preceeded GD). Also wondering if they planned it via social media. Based on CG selection, I’m thinking they purposely kept it small.

Again, you can make reservations beginning January 2, and we’ve agreed that Poplar Village is the best choice as it has more pull through sites.

John, Eric and I will be calling Jan 2, and can report back. None of us cares too much which weekend, so if you have a preference please let us know soon.
    Nancy
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dan, Guess you winterized just in time, lots of snow and salt, January weather. We usually have everything off the road after Columbus Day. I'm guessing your diesel is a crew cab, to fit those tow Elkhounds comfortably, I have an 85lb German Shepherd that settles down quite nicely with the crew cab seats placed up. Looking forward to maybe meeting with you and the other folks at Turning Stone in the summer of 19. (seems like such a long way off)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We would be available for either dates.

Brian

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello and good morning all.
    Looking forward to the New York Gathering at Villages of Turning Stone Campground .
    Carol and I can do either weekend, but prefer the July 12th weekend. We probably would arrive Wednesday July 10th and depart Tuesday July 16th. I believe that we are booking in the Popular section, it has more pull thrus. We should be calling the campground January 2nd.

Carol and I and Hexy wish everyone and their families a GRAND​ Thanksgiving.
    John & Carol Joscelyne and Hexy
    Red 2014 Ford F-350 Platinum, SRW, CC, Short bed with roll-N-lock cover.
    With replacement 50 gallon TransferFlow fuel tank, Magnaflow air intake, Edge CT turner.
    Pullrite superglide fifth wheel hitch.
    2015 Grand Design 305RE Solitude, with slide out toppers, <new>Titan disc brakes and Goodyear "G" rated tires.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
    Lorna and I prefer the July 12th weekend for the NEW YORK GATHERING as well. The Poplar section of Turning Stone Villages with the pull-thru sites sounds great! Looking forward to January 2nd so we can call in our reservations.

Lorna & Eric
    Happy campers! / Lorna & Eric and our little furball, Finnan, Canandaigua, NY
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali HD 6.6L Duramax Turbo Diesel, Allison 6 speed transmission, 5th wheel setup, Pullrite SuperGlide 20k
    2018 Reflection 303RLS Built 3/2018, Dual AC's

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dan, Guess you winterized just in time, lots of snow and salt, January weather. We usually have everything off the road after Columbus Day. I'm guessing your diesel is a crew cab, to fit those tow Elkhounds comfortably, I have an 85lb German Shepherd that settles down quite nicely with the crew cab seats placed up. Looking forward to maybe meeting with you and the other folks at Turning Stone in the summer of 19. (seems like such a long way off)
    I actually have a 2006 Dodge Megacab with a 5.9 liter Cummins. She has about 125k on her and is only used for towing, I hardly ever drive it otherwise. Sadly, we only have one Elkhound now as one passed away a couple years ago, but we do have 3 Pugs now along with the Elkhound. Last year we went to Seattle on vacation with my two adult kids and four dogs, 7,500 miles total. Having the Megcab definitely made the trip bearable.

Hoping the snow melts this weekend so I can wash the roof of the fiver and cover her for the winter. Next weekend is forecasted to be around 40 degrees, so cold, but bearable. I hate putting away dirty gear.

DAN

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    We would be available for either dates.

Brian
    Brian,
    John J, Eric, and I have been emailing about this. John and I called this morning, and I finally got through. John did, too. He has a pull-through site in Poplar, for July 10-July 16. I have a back-in site for July 11 through Sunday in the Poplar section. Hopefully, the others will be reporting on how they fared. If you call, mention Grand Design owners group gathering in the Poplar section.
    (I happened to check the events schedule and it’s Bingo weekend. Ha! Can’t decide if it’s a good thing or not. Lots of bingo fanatics wanting to get their free bingo bucks with check-in, but maybe they’re all grands, taking a break from grandkids)
    Nancy
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast