User Tag List

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    A waitlist will not be started until ALL of the sites for the rally are booked. If you are concerned that you won’t have as much fun in a 30 amp site, look next week on GDRV4LIFE for an educational video that explains the secrets of living on 30 amp power in a 50 amp rig. After all rallies are really not about the camping amenities they are about meeting new people, learning new things, and having a great time. You shouldn’t be spending much time in your rig at all!

Red
    Sorry I was just trying to help out JRTackett and was expanding on what Poppy said. I have no issue with a 30 amp site, its what we had last year and it was perfectly fine. I agree that very little time is spent in the rig, and the dump tickets were easy to manage for pumping out.

Thanks for all of your help and hard work Red!
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am an ER Nurse, Army Veteran and still serving in the Army Reserve.
    I need to give 8 week notice for time off, cannot depend on wait list.
    I don’t want to spend my only vacation this year, doing work arounds a 30amp site.
    Sitting in a Tin Box, in Indiana during Aug, I want my air conditioners working.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JRTackett View Post
    I don’t want to spend my only vacation this year, doing work arounds a 30amp site.
    Sitting in a Tin Box, in Indiana during Aug, I want my air conditioners working.
    August is a long ways off, you could always waitlist when it opens up, and if it has not cleared by your 8 week deadline then decide not to go. It was quite hot last year, and while my single AC unit managed okay. It got a bit warm during the heat of the day, and I had a two month old in the rig so we were sensitive to it, but like Red said you are out and doing stuff during the day anyway. It was always cooled down nicely by bedtime. Would not be much of a workaround to only run a single AC unit.

If you are no longer interested in going so be it, but if you want to go, I think you could make it work.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know, most Rallies are put on by volunteers, but they need to hear all sides.
    Not just the praise. That is how they should improve going forward.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JRTackett View Post
    First thanks for your service.
    Second , if I had a 50 amp site I would gladly give it to you.
    Third, it is a lot of fun and hopefully you can get to one someday.
    Enjoy your vacation when ever you get it , you deserve it the way you want it.

Brian

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wagon masters did make improvements over last year. Last year, you showed up to the fairgrounds and taken to a section and told where to park. You had no choice of area or hookups.
    JRTackett please, please, please do not take this the wrong way.
    What were you going to the rally for? Going to the seminars, meeting people, making friends, or relaxing in camper.
    There are a couple other campgrounds near by (about 15 minutes away) that have the full hookups you are looking for. There is an option for you to book at one of them
    and travel back and forth to the rally. I believe it is 80.00 dollars just not sure if it for one person or the family. May be Red or Pam could help clarify.
    Again, please do not take this the wrong way.
    Hope this may help you out.
    Safe travels and good health.
    John Joscelyne
    John & Carol Joscelyne and Hexy
    Red 2014 Ford F-350 Platinum, SRW, CC, Short bed with roll-N-lock cover.
    With replacement 50 gallon TransferFlow fuel tank, Magnaflow air intake, Edge CT turner.
    Pullrite superglide fifth wheel hitch.
    2015 Grand Design 305RE Solitude, with slide out toppers, <new>Titan disc brakes and Goodyear "G" rated tires.

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have anything to do with this rally other than I'm a Grand Design owner and this will be my first national rally. Neither do I know Pam & Red personally other than I met them very briefly in Quartzsite in Jan. However, I do have a lot of experience with being a volunteer organizing car and motorcycle rallies for decades and so I know, first hand, just how hard it is.....the effort these people put in to making them fun for everybody. And it can be a thoughtless and thankless job.

So I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Red & Pam.......I mean Pam & Red for all that they've done and will do to make this a successful event for all that will be attending. I speak for Babe and myself when I say that we are greatful to you two and the rest of the volunteers for all of your efforts.....please remember this as you go forward dealing with all the speedbumps and roadblocks that you'll encounter between now and the end of the rally.

WE THANK YOU!
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    I don't have anything to do with this rally other than I'm a Grand Design owner and this will be my first national rally. Neither do I know Pam & Red personally other than I met them very briefly in Quartzsite in Jan. However, I do have a lot of experience with being a volunteer organizing car and motorcycle rallies for decades and so I know, first hand, just how hard it is.....the effort these people put in to making them fun for everybody. And it can be a thoughtless and
    So I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Red & Pam.......I mean Pam & Red for all that they've done and will do to make this a successful event for all that will be attending. I speak for Babe and myself when I say that we are greatful to you two and the rest of the volunteers for all of your efforts.....please remember this as you go forward dealing with all the speedbumps and roadblocks that you'll encounter between now and the end of the rally.

WE THANK YOU!
    I agree totally!! So much time and energy goes into these events. Years of planning, iam sure. We are looking forward to meeting the GD family.
    Big thanks to Pam and red, and the volunteers!!
    Pino and sherry
    2019 GD 303 RLS
    2018 GMC 2500 Duramax
    Anderson hitch
    Champion 3400 dual fuel generator
    “Out ‘n About, Eh”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, just wondering if there's a really planned in Canada this year?

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joerg68 View Post
    Hi, just wondering if there's a really planned in Canada this year?
    Welcome to the board! You joined in Sept of 2018, seven months ago and this is your first post? Your fired! Pick up your check!

Just funnin with you. You might spend a few minutes on this forum familiarizing yourself with the index page. This thread is for the National Rally in Indiana.

The page you're looking for can be found here..... https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...ts-and-Rallies
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast