User Tag List

Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fill water and propane, empty waste tanks, charged batteries - you're 90% there.
    Keith Regli
    2016 Momentum 388m
    2015 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not new to boondocking but we'll be piicking up our 2017 Solitude 310GK next week and it's our first 5th wheel. We're looking forward to getting to meet some of you at Quartzsite this January. Just bought our ticket.

I'm hoping there will be a little more info about where/when as we get closer to the date.

Cheers,

-jeff

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ticket bought! See you all there!
    Adam & Juli
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2018 Ford F350 CCSB SRW
    Comfort Ride Hitch Model 184 and Reese Sidewinder

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can only conclude that Grand Design sold a LOT of RVs last year. We got to 100 reservations for the Quartzsite rally in December last year. This year we are at 145 and it's still October! For logistical reasons we have a limit of 150, so if you're thinking of coming … this is the time.
    Keith Regli
    2016 Momentum 388m
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the time you have put in
    Darwin & Linda
    Southern, Idaho
    2014 Ram 3500 SRW Diesel
    2016 Solitude 300GK

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    150! We officially reached the limit. I've opened the waiting list function and I suspect we'll be able to match up a few people who have to cancel with people who would like to come.
    Keith Regli
    2016 Momentum 388m
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DW and I have tickets but we are not bringing our unit so hope we are not included in the 150. We are going to motel it in Blyth. See every one there.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For most rallies the limit is set by number of parking sites available. Here we have basically unlimited parking, but the facilities for catering, seating etc. are the limiting factors. I'm hopeful that we'll be able to accommodate everyone, but we'll have to wait and see. Right now the waiting list is at 3 and I don't have any outstanding requests for cancellation. I really didn't expect to get near 150 until late December...
    Keith Regli
    2016 Momentum 388m
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are signed up for Quartzite and looking forward to our first rally and our first try at boondocking in our new GD. Being so new at all this I have one concern. How can I be certain not to use up all my battery power and not be able to close the slides and connect up when we are ready to leave. I have one idea and maybe someone can tell me if it is a good one or another of my dumb questions. We purchased the RV with two batteries. Would it be smart to disconnect one battery to keep in reserve then switch over when ready to leave? Another idea (I'm full of it eh..them) can we count on our truck to power closing up.

Don
    Linda & Don & Patches (the wicked step-dog)
    Morton
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2018 Ram Crew Cab 6.4L HEMI, SRW 2wd
    Anderson Ultimate hitch

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoboplayer View Post
    We are signed up for Quartzite and looking forward to our first rally and our first try at boondocking in our new GD. Being so new at all this I have one concern. How can I be certain not to use up all my battery power and not be able to close the slides and connect up when we are ready to leave. I have one idea and maybe someone can tell me if it is a good one or another of my dumb questions. We purchased the RV with two batteries. Would it be smart to disconnect one battery to keep in reserve then switch over when ready to leave? Another idea (I'm full of it eh..them) can we count on our truck to power closing up.

Don
    Well personally I think you minimally need a small inverter/generator to do any dry camping. Even 2 12v batteries could get drawn down in 3 or 4 days easily. If you're not going to be doing this much, maybe you know someone you can borrow a generator from or buy a really inexpensive model at Costco or Harbor Freight or something?
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast