Quote Originally Posted by Luv2Ski View Post
Do you know how the 12v feed to the breakaway switch is wired on your trailer?
Steve, Great writeup...

On my 303RLS the 2 Blue wire pair in the junction box do run back to the brakes, one side is to ground and the other side is to the Break Away switch and the 7 way plug for the brake controller . Somewhere in the trailer the Blue wires connect to 16Ga. Black wires that go to the brake magnets.

I've never seen a fuse for a breakaway switch. I did check my RVIA manual and they suggested 50 amp auto-reset breakers for 10Ga. wire. Something to think about, yes there is a 10Ga. wire that comes from the battery for the breakaway switch, but the breakaway switch and wire that lead down to axles for brakes are 16ga. (at least on mine). So if you use a fuse for the breakaway switch, should it be sized for the 16Ga. wire so it doesn't make smoke? Anyway just thinking in text (out loud)....

(Not to hijack the thread)
I didn't like the resistance I measured to my brakes so I rewired the brakes and ran magnet coil ground directly to frame and doubled the size of wires going back to my brakes (basically paralleled the blue and black wires going back to brakes and ran the brake hot side through that. Parallel the wires through the axle also). Cut Resistance in half, and cut resistance to the right brakes. Did this project because I was getting a pull to the left under heavy braking and was thinking that the wire through the axles was to small and causing an imbalance of current to right brakes. The pull to the left seems to be gone now.

pat