Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
ding. It will probably will be junk mail anyway.

I have to decide what tools to keep from my auto shop and sell everything else. I'm compiling a list of what I think I might need. Keep my scanners & voltage meters, electric small chain saw, jig, circular saw, drill, some metric and SAE stuff & various hand tools, a couple large jack stands and the like. But all this kind of stuff is heavy and will add up the weight quickly. Got to keep it down. What kind of tools do you all use or need most often?

I have to resign myself to the fact that I wont be able to do most repairs to the RV or TV other than simple stuff. I wont have a place to do it or the tools. Like fluid changes, bearing repacking and the like, what am I going to do with the old oil? I'll have to use dealerships for this kind of stuff. That increases the out of pocket costs to have an RV dealership do necessary maintenance or TV dealerships to complete regular maintenance. I've been trying to factor in all this kind of thing into the costs of going full time.
Fulltiming isn't for everyone or forever. It's not for us and we did consider it. Our trips are 2-4 months but we both need "back home". Home is in AL and having that as residence isn't bad financially as some states. Suggestion before disposing of everything. Long term rent a storage locker of those household items that will be hard to replace. Tools, family furniture, etc. If you have firearms probably at a trusted friend or family is better for them.