Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ready to purchase 2 Honda Generators

Hello fellow RVers, I'm considering my generator purchase now. I've read some comments from various people who have considered and purchased different brands. Honda seems to be the gold standard but pricey.
    1st. Question... Will a generator combo with a 4000watt/30amp output be adaquate for my 320 MKS Reflection equipped with one air conditioner?

2nd. Does anyone equip there RV's with a generator or generators with 50Amp output?

I'm a first timer getting ready to hit the road next month so pardon the naïve questions. I first thought since my RV is a 50 Amp system that I should match its capacity but the more I look at what others are doing its seem that a 30Amp setup is what's being used. I'm assuming due to noise/weight and cost??

Anyway, I priced some brands last month and just took a peek again at the prices. The Honda EU2000i/
    EU2000ic combo with a combined 4,000watts/30Amps went from $1,760 down today to $1,488 on Amazon!

Not sure but considering that Honda is the gold standard at this price point, it looks to me like a screaming deal right now...
    What do you folks think? If it's a unanimous YES vote, I'm purchasing TODAY!

Update:
    I made the purchase on Amazon just now for $1,685. Peace of mind. The price started at $1,760 last month to $1,488, $2,199 yesterday to $1,665 just now. What the heck.... Thank you all for the input. I'm sure I made a good choice.
    Last edited by CoconutJoe; 02-11-2018 at 01:42 PM. Reason: I made the purchase!