Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
I was comparing my E rated Bridgestone Duravis R250's to the Westlake ST tire with 400 more pounds rating. You just would not believe how much thicker and stiffer the Bridgestones were versus the Westlake tire weighing 19 pounds less. Michelin also has a ribbed E rated tire that is very comparable but slightly more expensive. I'm not talking about G rated tires that need to be on heavier fifth wheels and toyhaulers than my Reflection fifth wheel.

I'm just saying the NHTSA has ignored the poor quality of Chinese tires, even though they are mounted on very heavy, long trailers being driven often by people that are not the most experienced drivers. It might not be that way if every person that shredded a tire made a safety claim with the NHTSA. It's just a wonder more people are not killed in RV accidents with tire failures. This is serious business.
I agree with you on the E-rated Westlakes, I don't think they belong on a heavy trailer. A light trailer may not be a problem but I believe the majority of problems came from putting the E-rated tires on the heavy trailers. It doesn't have to be a big Momentum either. I think BigGuy82 is the only one I can think of that had a G rated Westlake tire go out on him. Not saying there hasn't been others I just haven't heard of any others. To me I haven't decided if the G-rated tires are going to be a problem or not. So far without a lot of feedback on them I just don't know.