User Tag List

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 29RS Washer/Dryer Mod

Hi all. My name is Nicole and I am getting ready to purchase a 2018 29RS this month. The only thing I haven't figured out yet is how I can get a washer/dryer into it! As soon as I buy the trailer I will be purchasing the membership here and can hopefully post pictures and info on my journey. In the meantime I was hoping to get some ideas and/or feedback from people especially those who own a 29RS and may know more about the configuration of things such as water/drain line locations.

First a little about me:
    I'm in the process of selling my house and will be full timing it in my trailer hopefully by early next month. I will be traveling solo and working from my trailer. I am pretty sure I will be purchasing the 29RS as I am adamant about keeping my 5th wheel under 31', thus my choice to go with the 29RS despite it being hard to put a washer/dryer in.

So here are my thoughts on how to make the 29RS work for me:

- Remove back couch/end tables and put a washer on one side, vented dryer on the other with custom built cabinets to cover them and a desk spanning the top. Pluses: Provides a nice working area for my computers. Concerns: Where to tie into water/grey water and how much grief that would cause? I probably wouldn't use laundry while boon-docking maybe I would be able to do some sort of hookup to drain directly when I do have proper hookups?? It looks like water should already be run to that back corner since there is a spray port there (only cold water??). Would the units suffer extra wear and tear by being at the back of coach and/or cause weight distribution issues?

- Replace island with slightly bigger island placing a non vented washer/dryer combo right next to sink. (Or possibly vented through floor?) Pluses: My thinking here is that there should already be cold/hot water and drainage nearby and I would only have to expand the island a little bit in order to accommodate the size of the unit. Concerns: This will require a new island base and counter top, I would want the styling to match the rest of the coach. Also, based on research I'm really trying to avoid the combo unit especially the non-vented one. I haven't seen the 29RS with both slides in yet, is there even room to expand the island?

- I would be willing to give up the cabinet area opposite the bathroom wall but based on my measurements I don't see how it could fit there since it is narrow and the slides need to close there...

- Any other better ideas anyone may have. My preference is to have a separate vented dryer but I will take what I can get to be able to do laundry "in house"

My big hold up on pulling the trigger on this is it is a pretty big mod for a brand new trailer. It has me second guessing in my choice of trailer and going with an older used model of a different brand I found in a sub 31' length with w/d hookup already in place that is located in the bathroom.

I'm super excited about starting my new adventure and can already see that this is a great community with a lot of kind and helpful people. Hope to join you full time soon!

Thanks ~Nicole
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Possibilities.jpg