I've been researching rear observation camera systems and came across this https://www.furrion.com/store/camera...em-p-1164.html. It has a 7" display which appeals to me. It's a couple hundred bucks pricier than the 4U cam on Amazon. Unfortunately I have not seen any reviews of this system. I tried contacting Furrion twice about if it is the same camera as the one that comes with the Vision 2 observation system with the 4.3" display, and/or if it performs as well. All I've gotten as an answer is that is a "newer, better" system. Looking at the specs of both systems on the furrion website, it does have a larger CCD (.33 vs .25", so different camera), and the wireless range is close to 500 feet vs 300 feet. It appears to be digital as it uses H.264 compression and has a transfer rate of 6Mbps. It can support up to 4 cameras and they have combo clearance light/side cameras available.

Anyway, I'd like to find out how well it works as an observation system (not just backup) at highway speed, from someone who actually has one. I know it's pricier, but it does fit in the furrion mount and looks OEM, better than the 4 U cam adapter that is tacked on over the furrion mount and doesn't cover the whole thing. And, I might want to add side cameras at a later date.

Please, not looking for "you idiot for spending twice as much" responses, just good information from actual owners.

-jj