I’ve been through a full season with my 303 now, and extreme heat is a little problematic with the refrigerator. Now that it’s mod season, I want to add some air flow over the condenser to help it out.

Mine has the baffle and chimney board installed as recommended by Atwood. I’ve looked at several upgraded fan installations around the web, and I thought I knew how I was going to do it. But when I took a tape measure and flashlight to my rig, my plans fell apart. It seems that my refrigerator is much tighter to the wall than most I’ve seen. There isn’t room between the chimney board and the cover to allow any of the fan to protrude into this area. It looks like the space between the condenser and the baffle is my only option, and there I’d be limited to about a 4.50” fan. With 20” long vent slots in the cover, I could fit 5 fans, but 4 might be a practical limit.

So reconsidering, I’m thinking about a single 200mm fan inside the lower access panel pushing air up and then a couple of smaller fans above pulling air out. Anybody done this or have thoughts?

I have an adjustable thermostat that I plan to install for them. I’d like some kind of temperature monitor to keep an eye on how well things are working. I’m planning on an Acurite wireless to monitor freezer and refrigerator temps, but I don’t know if there is something easy and cheap to do the exterior temp.