For those of you contemplating purchasing a 1 ton vehicle for towing and pleasure driving thought I would relate our Holiday trip and fuel data analysis. See truck specs on signature line.

From Austin Texas to Kokomo Indiana - then to Middletown Ohio - then back to Austin. Total 2,628 miles - non towing. average mpg for round trip 18.3. Best fuel mileage on one tank of diesel fuel 19.6 mpg. Average speed for trip 57 mph, mostly running 70-75 mph cruise control on interstates. Full DEF tank at beginning, 1/2 tank of DEF left when back home in Austin. Highest price paid for diesel fuel $2.89 /gal - cheapest $2.40 /gal. Used Pilot/Flying J good sam discount a lot on trip. Best discount given at pump 0.10 / gal off normal price. The truck was a great ride up and back. Ended up costing us $100 more in fuel round trip for the truck verses our last trip with the Wife's SUV Durango we traded for the new Ram 1 Ton. Average miles capable on single 32 gallon tank of diesel fuel 500 miles depending on mpg. That isn't bad for a 1 Ton truck!

Most of the time driven to work commute around Austin 16-17 mpg. The best on this extended trip non towing was 19.6 and that was across I30 & I40 from Dallas to Little Rock to Memphis. I55 to I57 from Memphis up to Cario Illinois was 18.5 mpg. The worst mpg was I75 from Cincinnati down through Kentucky to I65 and Tennessee I40 at 16.3 mpg.

The little we have towed our 2950RL on longer trips was from Austin to Galveston and back- best mpg 12.1 - worst 10 mpg.

We just got our 1 Ton in July 2018 so I didn't really know how it would be on a really long trip non towing. I was impressed with its ride except on I55 through Arkansas, horrible road.

Just wanted to relate our experience with a 1 Ton. So don't be afraid with all the horror stories you might read on the internet. It was a very pleasant driving experience on this long trip. Oh we came back with a bed full of suit cases and 5 big plastic totes. The TruXport tonneau cover kept everything dry in the bed traveling one whole day in rain.