There is a little debate as to whether or not one should remove the snow from the roof while winter camping. I am in the "remove it" camp, and I keep my roof and slides clear.

I have an elderly neighbor, 82, who has struggled this winter with snow removal. Ceratoid artery surgery didn't help. So I noticed when they were arriving/leaving their RV that snow/ice would drop down, sometimes on them, sometimes just the steps. So I offered to help, being the average proud folks they said no thanks, his wife (74) will get up there when it warms up and get it clear. I told them I was bored and needed some exercise and it would really do me some good to get up on something high so I could practice my technical rock climbing skills, hmm, well ok, just don't throw ice on the bird feeder.... You gotta love folks, they are so interesting.

It was a bit more onerous than I had anticipated, they had pretty much let it go all winter. So they had 6" of ice covered with heavy wet snow. I managed to get it all off but worked up a good sweat doing it. Job done, neighbors safe for the rest of the winter. As I was crawling down from the roof I noticed this little warning placket, no wonder I was having trouble keeping my feet under me.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190303_144653291.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	18088